News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Any word on when we'll be getting more design details on Crosstown West? Particularly on how they plan to get the trains under intersections?

Any word on when we'll be getting more design details on Crosstown West? Particularly on how they plan to get the trains under intersections?

The direction from City Council at its July 12 meeting, which (thanks to John Campbell's motion) asked for further study of the potential grade separations, did not put any timeline on it.

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2016.EX16.1

And there's no transit update on the October Council Meeting agenda, so it isn't this month.

- Paul

The direction from City Council at its July 12 meeting, which (thanks to John Campbell's motion) asked for further study of the potential grade separations, did not put any timeline on it.

And there's no transit update on the October Council Meeting agenda, so it isn't this month.

- Paul

Thanks. According to Torontoist, the City needs to commit money for Crosstown West by end of next month. I think it would make sense for at least primary information about those details to come out before then.

I suppose the same is true for Crosstown East, regarding the lack of timeline?

I suppose the same is true for Crosstown East, regarding the lack of timeline?

Yup. Although later, there is a reference to a "previously requested report to Executive Committee in the first quarter of 2017" - which might mean that's when the whole ball of wax gets reported out.

- Paul

- Paul

I find myself rolling my eyes at the mention of John Campbell's name (who is also a TTC board member). Does he even use the TTC? He wants to scrap the monthly MetroPass as a way to save money. See link. Yet wants to look at grade separations along Eglinton West LRT extension because it would be better for the automobile. :confused:

I find myself rolling my eyes at the mention of John Campbell's name (who is also a TTC board member). Does he even use the TTC? He wants to scrap the monthly MetroPass as a way to save money. See link. Yet wants to look at grade separations along Eglinton West LRT extension because it would be better for the automobile. :confused:

He comes from that starting position, definitely - but he caught on quick to issues raised in consultation meetings - the traffic analyses for Eglinton West were insufficient and do point to conflict between autos and LRT if the 'minimalist' design were built. Whether he is driven by concern for local motorists, or for LRT performance, I can live with either way. Pretty quick study and better than someone who is dazzled by LRT on principle without making sure it is done right.

He also is the one who pushed for costing of the above-ground version of the Scarboro subway extension..... again, perhaps simply out of concern for the price of the tunnelled version, but a needed fact-based focus in a rather fact-avoidant debate.

I certainly wouldn't call him a transit booster, but a questioning attitude and an eye on the bottom line isn't all bad. Although it doesn't take much to look brilliant sitting next to the rest of the Etobicoke Councillors.

- Paul

They're widening Eglinton Avenue East?

Road Widening and Sidewalk Closure for future Science Centre Station

From link.

science_centre_road_widening_map_1.jpg

What Work is Taking Place?

To support construction of the future Science Centre Station, work will commence to widen sections of Eglinton Avenue East from west of Don Mills Road to the Don Valley Parkway.

Timing

• Work will begin as early as October 17, 2016 and last for approximately three months.
  • The work is expected to occur between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., up to seven (7) days a week. Permitted hours are until 11:00 p.m.
  • Occasional overnight work may be required. Metrolinx will notify the public in advance and monitor activities throughout. Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
What to Expect

• Residents and businesses near construction sites should anticipate noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks and other construction equipment during this work.
Pedestrian Impacts

• The sidewalk on the north side of Eglinton Ave. E. will be closed from Leslie Street to Don Mills Road and from Gervais Drive to the southbound Don Valley Parkway off ramp.
  • For safety purposes, pedestrians travelling east of Leslie Street will be redirected to the sidewalk on the south side of Eglinton Avenue East and will use the sidewalk on Ferrand Drive to be able to continue east to the Don Valley Parkway.
  • Pedestrian detours will be clearly marked with signage directing pedestrians to the alternate routes.
Traffic Details

• The westbound Eglinton curbside lane from west of Don Mills Road to the Don Valley Parkway will be closed.
  • The eastbound Eglinton curbside lane from Don Mills Road to the Don Valley Parkway will be closed.
  • Paid Duty Police Officers may be present during some of this work.

And the walls came tumbling down.

Demolition of Retaining Wall – Photography Drive and Keelesdale Drive October 17, 2016 to December 31, 2016

From link.

mount_dennis_retaining_wall.jpg

What work is taking place?

Crews will be installing protective barriers and lane restrictions on Monday October 17, 2016 in preparation of the demolition of the retaining wall on the north side of Eglinton Avenue West from Keelesdale Drive to Photography Drive to make way for the secondary entrance of the future Mount Dennis LRT Station.

Hours of Work

The work will take approximately eight (8) weeks to complete and will occur between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Please note that work could be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.

What to Expect

Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise in the area caused by excavators, bobcats, trucks and other construction equipment, as well as dust from demolition activity and debris removal.For safety purposes, metal fencing and/or plywood hoarding and jersey barriers will be installed along the length of the retaining wall and the sidewalk will be closed.

Traffic & Pedestrian Impacts

The westbound curb lane of Eglinton Avenue West from Keelesdale Drive to Weston Road will be closed and Eglinton Avenue will be reduced from three lanes to two lanes of traffic.

The sidewalk on the north side of Eglinton Avenue West, between Keelesdale Drive and Weston Road, will be closed as of fall 2016 until spring 2019.

So similar to hat they did with lakeshore well the tracks for Lesslie were built?

And similar to what they did to Eglinton near Laird where the tunnel boring machines were launched. The existing road will shift over into the widened space to accommodate the station excavation.

Back