News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

We need "Yield to light rail vehicles" signage at the Crosstown LRT intersections. Shouldn't need them, but the lawyers may insist going this way.
road-sign-tram-give-way.png
From link.

Even if the "law" has no power in Toronto using those signs, just putting them up should "wake" the drivers up.

Last edited:
Just like College Station still having the hockey murals despite the Leafs playing at the nearby Maple Leaf Gardens for 15 years between the original installation of the murals in 1984 and the Leafs moving to the Air Canada Centre (later renamed Scotiabank Arena); the Leafs played at the Maple Leaf Gardens from 1931 to 1999.

Regardless of what Science Centre station will be renamed to, ”Total Lunar Eclipse” by Sarah Morris will (thankfully) always reflect its’ original location.

I absolutely love the ”molecular” nature…

1634151945-20211012-eglinton-crosstown-9.jpg

1634151958-20211012-eglinton-crosstown-16.jpg

Source

The Ontario Science Centre will always live on through her pieces.
I hadn’t seen that. By far my favourite looking station on the entire network now!

Regardless of what Science Centre station will be renamed to, ”Total Lunar Eclipse” by Sarah Morris will (thankfully) always reflect its’ original location.

I absolutely love the ”molecular” nature…

Source

The Ontario Science Centre will always live on through her pieces.
Maintaining these tiles in the future will be an absolute bitch since the only real way is to scaffold or get a scissor lift from the track itself unless somehow the crossbeams holding up the wire is structurally rated for that.. 😒
so expect weekend closures for maintenance in 10 years time?? lol

Maintaining these tiles in the future will be an absolute bitch since the only real way is to scaffold or get a scissor lift from the track itself unless somehow the crossbeams holding up the wire is structurally rated for that.. 😒
so expect weekend closures for maintenance in 10 years time?? lol
Bold of you to assume we’re doing any station maintenance…

Given that track isn't finished, and zero trains have run through the central section yet - we have zero idea how well the system integration and signalling is working.
It's therefore too soon to say.

Once that "construction" is finished - so much still needs to be installed, commissioned, then tested over and over to make sure it works - and then the collective line needs to be tested with pretend people in it to make sure it's safe to operate. Signalling, radio systems, CCTV, elevators & escalators, lighting, fire doors, fire alarms, fare gates, ventilation & extraction fans, emergency exits, general integration into TTC stuff...

As I said further up this thread - delays at this "final stage" is what caused the 3 year Crossrail delay in London. And how long did RTG in Ottawa test drive trains before the City let them open? Clearly not long enough
My post from October 2021... at least some trains have run, but construction isn't finished yet...

Gosh. At this rate, 2025 opening could be possible unless someone takes the project by the horns!

My post from October 2021... at least some trains have run, but construction isn't finished yet...

Gosh. At this rate, 2025 opening could be possible unless someone takes the project by the horns!
someone needs to go to jail for this!

someone needs to go to jail for this!
we all know
The Eglinton PPP was awarded to Crosslinx by Minister Del Duca. So maybe not.
honestly if done right PPP isnt bad. its just that the terms of contract have no incentive to finish on time and on budget. if it was a fixed price contract there would be far less chances of milking the project and a stronger push to do things quicker/better.

we all know

honestly if done right PPP isnt bad. its just that the terms of contract have no incentive to finish on time and on budget. if it was a fixed price contract there would be far less chances of milking the project and a stronger push to do things quicker/better.

I thought it was fixed price, but when Crosslinx realized they were gonna lose money they sued and settled with Metrolinx.

we all know

Have you read the contract? What you're describing is simply not true.

I thought it was fixed price, but when Crosslinx realized they were gonna lose money they sued and settled with Metrolinx.
thats another problem with bidders. knowing that 99% of the time the lowest bid wins they intentionally undercut the price and pray that they can value engineer the differences away.
however lo a behold 2020-22 came and they totally lost out...also the eglinton underpinning surprises didnt help.

thats why usually the better bidders lose out because they are more realistic with their pricing. id wager that had they gone with the higher bid the extras compared to crosslinx wouldve been far fewer.

Back