News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Will that eventually be the only entrance to the Line 1 Eglinton station too? Or is there one entrance to Line 5 Eglinton LRT and one entrance to Line 1 Eglinton Subway right beside each other which feels a little weird. I guess they both connect underground too?
Unfortunately there currently doesn't seem to be a plan to make the Eglinton subway station more whole. Even the 2180 Yonge plans show a small entrance building on the corner for some reason.

When Crosstown opens, there will be 3 for it. The main one, from Line 1 and the Salvation Army Building. Bulk of riders to/from the surface will be using the main one with some using the Salvation Army Building.
The Salvation Army building isn't going to have a connection to the station. It is sitting on top of and in front of the mechanical and vents built for Line 5, but there are no vents, doors, or anything else connecting the two. At the end of the project there is a building entirely owned by the Salvation Army, and Metrolinx property behind and under it.

The biweekly station showcases will resume soon. Someone requested on twitter for Cedarvale to be shown next, but again, we’ll just have to wait for the YouTube upload..

This map shows how the two entrances connect underground.

View attachment 528977

While there are two entrances for now, the current entrance will probably be demolished as part of the Canada Square redevelopment in the next few years. You can see that the building that houses the current south-west entrance will be demolished and turned into an outdoor plaza in renderings of the future site.

View attachment 528980
View attachment 528979

From the article, and looking at the revised plan:
In the current site plan, the office building at 2200 Yonge is maintained in place...

So those entrances fronting Eglinton will stay. What may change, or temporarily get closed, is the mid-block entrance.

We can thank a local community group for cancelling the plans to extend the tunnel to Don Mills, who then later complained about the surface construction and tree removal at the portal.
really? had no clue that occurred especially in this weird spot which hardly seems worth rallying a community over

In the meanwhile, here’s a short video of an animated rendering on the west extension of Eglinton.

Can we just build one of these all the way up Dufferin?😂 Honestly tho I think this guideway will be groundbreaking for the way elevated rail is thought of in Toronto and will hopefully allow for a whole lot more of it.

Posted today.

Screenshot_2023-12-22_163743.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-22_163747.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-22_163751.jpg

From the article, and looking at the revised plan:

So those entrances fronting Eglinton will stay. What may change, or temporarily get closed, is the mid-block entrance.
That's right. I was mistaken. Here's another view of the plans - although the current entrance appears to be outdoors in the future plan, or at least not part of the 2220 Yonge building. Maybe they're just tearing the north-side atrium down?

Screenshot 2023-12-23 142559.png

really? had no clue that occurred especially in this weird spot which hardly seems worth rallying a community over
The Leaside Residence Association, they wanted the stop at Leslie to remain, tunneling through here would have made it to expensive to build. The TTC started changing the plans to start the tunneling from Don Mills, since it would be easier to build from there. This group started making noise at public public meetings to keep the Leslie stop, they seemed to take up the cause for the sake of it. They of course later complained about construction and tree removal at the portal.

Can we just build one of these all the way up Dufferin?😂 Honestly tho I think this guideway will be groundbreaking for the way elevated rail is thought of in Toronto and will hopefully allow for a whole lot more of it.
Have you figured out the slop requirement as well where the slop starts at both ends between Dupont and St Clair to deal with the 8%(?) grade as well getting over CP tracks??

Will work nicely between Rogers Rd and Eglinton Ave.

Where do you plan to put the bent supports south of Eglinton without removing on street parking and the lack of current sidewalk space??

Have you figured out the slop requirement as well where the slop starts at both ends between Dupont and St Clair to deal with the 8%(?) grade as well getting over CP tracks??

Will work nicely between Rogers Rd and Eglinton Ave.

Where do you plan to put the bent supports south of Eglinton without removing on street parking and the lack of current sidewalk space??
I think the sarcasm went right over your head.

That's right. I was mistaken. Here's another view of the plans - although the current entrance appears to be outdoors in the future plan, or at least not part of the 2220 Yonge building. Maybe they're just tearing the north-side atrium down?

View attachment 529363
Oh, I didn't notice that detail, good catch. Yeah, looks like the glass atrium is getting lopped off.

Untitled.png

The entire eastern section should of been built like this, and then they should of used high floor automated metro trains with PSDs.... 😭

Back