News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

They don't call it AtkinsFraudilis for nothing.

If think TTC's approval would be more significant than Metrolinx at this stage. They are the ones that will be putting the safety of their staff at risk of there's an operational safety issue.

And would have to deal with the months of shuttle buses if Crosslinx Ottawa's it.

TTC drivers who have chosen to move over to the Crosstown (and Finch West) are beginning to get their training dates. This time, the scheduled starting dates for training are for mid-August and early September.

Dan

TTC drivers about to start their training will take drivers out of their regular cycles - some backfill required. Walking along King between Spadina and Portland around midday today, three streetcars went by with operators on training runs.

A good laugh going into the weekend

I'd argue we want to keep expensive equipment in good condition. Even though it is unfortunately not being used for passengers, it's still being used. Still, it might have been wise for Metrolinx to save that video until the line has been open a couple of months.

Whenever that is.

Edit: autocorrect

I'd argue we want to keep expensive equipment in good condition. Even though it is unfortunately not being used for passengers, it's still being used. Still, it might have been wise for Metrolinx to save that video until the line has been open a couple of months.

Whenever that is.

Edit: autocorrect
I wonder if their parts warranty has expired on these cars.

I've noticed that the siding on some of the station buildings are beginning to looked stained in a yellowish/brown. Particularly it's that horizontally-lined white siding. Is the material just prone to this, or is it an unkempt maintenance problem?

That explains the 'even more than usual' amount of training cars on King these days.
So it hasn't been just me seeing an abnormal amount of training cars. Would have never put it togeather that this means the Crosstown is sorta kinda maybe getting closer to oppening.

I've noticed that the siding on some of the station buildings are beginning to looked stained in a yellowish/brown. Particularly it's that horizontally-lined white siding. Is the material just prone to this, or is it an unkempt maintenance problem?
Maybe the completed stations have not been turned over to the TTC or ML to maintain, while the builders have walked away having done their part.

I saw train testing going on along Eglinton today. Today was the first time I noticed the next train monitors had Terminus locations and specific time for the next train arrival information.
also saw one taking off from the DVP station and it seemed like they are now testing at service speeds since the acceleration is markedly faster.

I saw train testing going on along Eglinton today. Today was the first time I noticed the next train monitors had Terminus locations and specific time for the next train arrival information.
Were you able to see what the service frequencies were? Do we know what the service frequencies will actually be?

Back