News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Ok so lets see if I am following this correctly. Cross roads will be embedded into the walls of the stations yet the maps will show those stupid proposed names and probably the same names that will be announced when LRT arrives at a stop. Boy talk about confusing people and crazy. The cross road should be the name they announce at the stops and on the maps the wayfinding (proposed stupid names) smaller in brackets on the walls at the stations. Crazy

Sure doesn't help anyone that is visually impaired.

I'm looking forward to the station naming saga that comes with the Finch West LRT. Maybe Metrolinx and some city councillors (ie: Mammo) can one up some of the ridiculous and atrocious station names that we're now going to see with the Crosstown line.

Holy shit people, is a map really that hard a thing to look at for you? Or hell, even Google Streetview?

At this point, it's irrelevant who or what the streets are named for. Don't like it? Take it up with City council. That's not Metrolinx's problem. They have to work with what they've been given.

As for why one over another, have any of you thought to see what the hell is in that neighbourhood, and would be the logical trip generators? You've got a huge, ridiculous inside-out mall on the south side, and a smaller, ridiculous inside-out mall on the north side - along with a fairly major community college campus. Guess which of those options is most likely to be the largest trip generator for this stop.

Christ, it's amazing how many of you simply can't see the forest for the trees....

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

For those of us who don't live in Toronto, what's the deal with this Hakim Lebovik name?

Why is a stop even named after this guy? Whose idea was that? And if his last name is Hakimi, why aren't his stores called Hakimi Optical?

I'm looking forward to the station naming saga that comes with the Finch West LRT. Maybe Metrolinx and some city councillors (ie: Mammo) can one up some of the ridiculous and atrocious station names that we're now going to see with the Crosstown line.
Mammo will want every stop named "Why isn't this a subway?"

Well here's a preview of the insanity we can look forward to.

Screen shot 2015-11-30 at 6.01.07 PM.png

Screen shot 2015-11-30 at 6.01.51 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-11-30 at 6.01.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-11-30 at 6.01.07 PM.png
    329.2 KB · Views: 478
  • Screen shot 2015-11-30 at 6.01.51 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-11-30 at 6.01.51 PM.png
    307.2 KB · Views: 487
Holy shit people, is a map really that hard a thing to look at for you? Christ, it's amazing how many of you can't see the forest for the trees.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Well Dan from Toronto, let's take a look at a map then shall we....

Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 9.30.26 PM.png

Huh, seems Hakimi Avenue was named after the Hakim Optical store it passes by. (A street that was very controversially named at the time.) So we basically have a transit stop named after a discount glasses store. A little absurd don't you think? But hey, if we're going to name transit stops after area strip mall stores why not call it California Sandwich Lebovic or Burrito Boyz Lebovic or I know... Sports Chek Lebovic.

And if that isn't bad enough this Hakim guy is also a total self-entitled prick. As seen by how he routinely parks his car wherever he damn well pleases. Like on busy separated bike paths.

GTNH07172015_HAKIMPARKING_tnb_2.jpg

So yeah, that too. But holy shit, Christ, what's the big deal, Dan?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 9.30.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 9.30.26 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 508
Last edited:
Christ, it's amazing how many of you simply can't see the forest for the trees....

There are trees? All I see on Streetview are a few shrubs, mostly hiding the Courthouse and the Criminal Law Office where they give free consultations.

Yes, we've beat this to death.....frankly it's such a crappy part of town that the name hardly matters. Fodors and Lonely Planet won't be giving anyone directions to get here. It's just disappointing that something better couldn't have come from this. Just because these two guys snuck their names onto street signs doesn't mean Metrolinx has to enrich their fame further.

- Paul

I cannot believe I got a response back from Pritchard at Metrolinx after I sent the email regarding station names. His response

"Thank you for writing. I have shared your email with all members of the board. I appreciate your interest in our work.
I would urge you to read our staff report which provides the reasoning behind management's recommendations."

Guess I should reply back and ask him to read the posts on here regarding the names and how some have gone against their naming conventions

Back