News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I didn't think station names could get any worse than on the TYSSE but I was wrong. How could Eglinton have gone so badly. Oy.

So there's a station named after Hakim Optical? Will it have the big orange glasses logo embossed in the concrete, perhaps bas relief?

Here are photorealistic renderings of Cedarvale station:
Cedarvale Station North End Southbound Platform.png

Cedarvale Station North End Northbound Platform.png

Cedarvale Station Entrance.png

Cedarvale Station Entrance Sign.png

Attachments

• Cedarvale Station North End Southbound Platform.png
    Cedarvale Station North End Southbound Platform.png
    242 KB · Views: 878
  • Cedarvale Station North End Northbound Platform.png
    Cedarvale Station North End Northbound Platform.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 943
  • Cedarvale Station Entrance.png
    Cedarvale Station Entrance.png
    779.4 KB · Views: 879
  • Cedarvale Station Entrance Sign.png
    Cedarvale Station Entrance Sign.png
    882.4 KB · Views: 919
Here are more images:
Cedarvale Station South End Sign.png

Cedarvale Station South End Sign Closeup.png

Cedarvale station used Helvetica, so I used the same font for the renderings. I am not using Cedarvale station's original name.

Attachments

• Cedarvale Station South End Sign.png
    Cedarvale Station South End Sign.png
    479.3 KB · Views: 828
  • Cedarvale Station South End Sign Closeup.png
    Cedarvale Station South End Sign Closeup.png
    465.6 KB · Views: 845
Last edited:
You'd be surprised just how relaxed I was when I was writing that. I wasn't even breathing steam.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

This proves nothing other than that your base attitude level puts people off. Life is beautiful man, this is only public transit, and at discussion forum at that. There is no need to always be so snarky.

John Tory’s SmartTrack transit plan for Toronto getting smaller, cheaper

Looks like Eglinton West (of Weston) will be a light rail extension of the Crosstown. See link.

image.jpg

Now comes the "name" battle for the names of the stops along Eglinton West in Etobicoke.

So if they decide to approved Eglinton West, do they negotiate with CrossLinx to add it to their contract? That's a no-brainer. The EA is already done and you already have a contractor....didn't they speculate yesterday that the Feds want to fast-track some infrastructure $$s for shovel ready projects to help the economy? We could have Eglinton West open with the rest of the line.

Last edited:
Hopefully this occurs and the western extension happens in parallel with current construction, opening not too much later after phase 1. Seems like it should be possible since all construction up till now was on the tunnel.

This makes the Eglinton LRT even more useful, Kennedy to Airport across the city (making the name "crosstown" more justified).

Unable to resist banging the same old drum about connecting Sheppard/Yonge with Downsview to tie in Finch LRT with Sheppard whatever.

- Paul

Back