News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Having the date leaked (for the project that is going to be four years late) after announcing you can't give a date yet, is not the sort of thing likely to improve public confidence in those in charge.
If they are still more than a year out, there must be some major deficiencies that we haven’t heard about?

Just heard on Newstalk 1010, a leaker within Metrolinx is saying that they are targeting December 2024 for the opening day. Take it for what it is…
seriously... how hard is it be to get that final 2%? why must they wait until everything is done?
can they not just skip the landscaping and non critical items and open asap? i cant imagine spending more than a year on finishing... ...

If you look at the chart that was shared in the press conference where a date was expected to be announced, somehow with everything virtually built they are doing design signoff. That obviously is a big risk because that is almost like saying they aren't sure they built the right thing yet.

Just heard on Newstalk 1010, a leaker within Metrolinx is saying that they are targeting December 2024 for the opening day. Take it for what it is

At this point, from what I can see, I'd be stunned if they aren't operating by the summer at the latest. All the excuses are gone. All the major deficiencies we are aware of have been fixed, a while back. The water ingress has been solved according to reports. The list of deficiencies could be things as simple as a tile needs replaced or a window is broken. These things should not be holding up the opening of the line though. I'd expect all major construction items to be resolved before Christmas or they are hiding something from us. The trains are all burned in, I haven't heard anything wrong with the Alstom trains. The rails are fixed. What else? Systems are much easier to resolve as long as the process is effective and the problems aren't massive, which, given that train operating systems are commonplace, I wouldn't expect. Not like they haven't had time to design the system controls and refine them. Can't be so bad as to drive trains at operating speed from end to end for months and then suddenly it's so unsafe to do so it requires a major overhaul. Nah not buying it. Man you'd think this was the first ever underground train system ever built. Rant over:mad:😄

see im still not sure. is it over budget? the budget from 2010 was 12 billion right?

can you count this in the budget?

IIRC some of theese went to the ion lrt

since that was 2017 and we havent heard anything since then, im skeptical that bombardier failed to deliver.
As I noted, the cost of the legal battle over the LRV's has to be added to the budget regardless where the LRV's went or were removed.

You are chasing 2 different budgets and which way you cut it, still over budget.

All tenders have a budget what the project may cost to help in awarding of an contract. Once that contract is awarded, it become the real budget. ML thought it should cost $12 Billion, but the tender said $9.1 Billion.

If you use both budget numbers and added all other cost to them, both will be over budget. ML is trying to defect the real increase cost by using the $12. Billion numbers with the real number sweep under the carpet.

Take both numbers and start adding all the extra cost that are known by adding them to them that will give you a number you are looking for to a point since not all extra cost are public known at this time.

... why must they wait until everything is done?

Crosslinx asked that too. Metrolinx's response to their desire to open the line in early 2022 without Eglinton/Yonge station (through-running only, no stopping) has sent them to observing the letter of the contract.

It annoys me that the stairs to Eglinton from ET Seaton Park are blocked off due to this crap.

Crosslinx asked that too. Metrolinx's response to their desire to open the line in early 2022 without Eglinton/Yonge station (through-running only, no stopping) has sent them to observing the letter of the contract.

It annoys me that the stairs to Eglinton from ET Seaton Park are blocked off due to this crap.

On the bright side, this whole debacle may lead to further regulation and oversight in the future.

Just heard on Newstalk 1010, a leaker within Metrolinx is saying that they are targeting December 2024 for the opening day. Take it for what it is…
I wonder whether other news outlets will pick this up... I can't wait for them do so. More drama lol

If the date is already leaked then Vester has no option but to announce the date at its next update.

I wonder whether other news outlets will pick this up... I can't wait for them do so. More drama lol

If the date is already leaked then Vester has no option but to announce the date at its next update.

That's not how "leaks" work.

The unofficial report, if believed by readers, has removed any expectation of an opening in spring or summer. Or even fall.

Verster can now stick to silence. The "leak" has bought him a year.

- Paul

Back