News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

There has been landscaping work going on around both the Sunnybrook Park stop and also the large area south of Eglinton near the tunnel portal in the last few weeks, resulting in lane closures in the 8-9am time period. If service were imminent it would be one thing, but with nothing but test trams moving it is irritating AF, given not only the vehicle congestion but the masses of 34/51/54 buses trying to get through.

So I moved to western Canada almost three years ago now. At the time I was thinking the first time im back in Ontario ill be able to ride the new line 5, this will now be my 5th time back to Ontario on Wednesday since that first time and its still not open. I'll be in Toronto for a day any recommendations on where on the line I should visit to be able to see the more or experience the line as close to it being open?

So I moved to western Canada almost three years ago now. At the time I was thinking the first time im back in Ontario ill be able to ride the new line 5, this will now be my 5th time back to Ontario on Wednesday since that first time and its still not open. I'll be in Toronto for a day any recommendations on where on the line I should visit to be able to see the more or experience the line as close to it being open?
You can see the east end that that is at grade from west of Kennedy Rd to Leslie street with the underground station at Don Mills. It been ready over a year or 2.

You can walk up to the window of Mount Dennis Station on the east side of the rail corridor on Eglinton and see the platform and track.

Take a view from the roof of the retail area at Yonge and Eglinton north-west corner that gives you a view of both streets as well the Yonge Station Entrance.

You can see the Kennedy station 2 main entrance, Mount Dennis, Keelesdale and Caledonia stations that I follow that are ready to open as well the Don Mills area. Let other comment on the other stations since I don't visit them. You can also see some of the yard at Mount Dennis.

You can see the Mount Dennis GO Station that is far from opening up and can't see the UPX platforms.

Update: https://x.com/Metrolinx/status/1730249064032182374?t=f5oMI5y0Aap-A0_rVQOF6w&s=08

Text of tweet:

Today, at the public session of the Metrolinx Board of Directors meeting (watch live: https://www.metrolinx.com/en/about-us/the-board/board-meetings/meeting-2023-11-30), Phil Verster, CEO shared details around the status and progress of the @CrosstownTO project:

“We will announce an opening date for the Eglinton Crosstown three months before opening day. We are not there yet. We are making sure everything is built right and operates correctly and safely. Our contractor, CTS, is finding issues that must be fixed before we can open the Eglinton Crosstown for safe and reliable passenger services.

We will host journalists in early December at the Eglinton and Yonge station, the largest and most complex station on the ECLRT, and where the final pieces of construction are now nearing completion. It will be a walk-through with first-hand visibility and Q&A about the five work streams that will fix the uncertainties and get us to opening day.”

Update: https://x.com/Metrolinx/status/1730249064032182374?t=f5oMI5y0Aap-A0_rVQOF6w&s=08

Text of tweet:

Today, at the public session of the Metrolinx Board of Directors meeting (watch live: https://www.metrolinx.com/en/about-us/the-board/board-meetings/meeting-2023-11-30), Phil Verster, CEO shared details around the status and progress of the @CrosstownTO project:

“We will announce an opening date for the Eglinton Crosstown three months before opening day. We are not there yet. We are making sure everything is built right and operates correctly and safely. Our contractor, CTS, is finding issues that must be fixed before we can open the Eglinton Crosstown for safe and reliable passenger services.

We will host journalists in early December at the Eglinton and Yonge station, the largest and most complex station on the ECLRT, and where the final pieces of construction are now nearing completion. It will be a walk-through with first-hand visibility and Q&A about the five work streams that will fix the uncertainties and get us to opening day.”
So the endless directionless wait continues ...

Maybe we can get the station added to Doors Open permanently so that every May the public will have an opportunity to see the inside of Crosstown stations.

I will ask this question and other places and if I get an answers for it, I will give everyone something to laugh at.

How lone would it take to installed poles and the OS for 8 and 10 Km like Crosstown and Finch???

Would LOVE to know what the outstanding issues still are. Even more than an opening date, would love to just know what's still wrong.

Bunch of little things? Or a big thing? Or both?

They know. They're not telling us. It's weird. Why does it need to be kept a secret?

I've heard rumours the foundation slab underneath the Yonge/Eglinton station box is cracked and they don't know how to fix it.

Would LOVE to know what the outstanding issues still are. Even more than an opening date, would love to just know what's still wrong.

They know. They're not telling us. It's weird. Why does it need to be kept a secret?

I've heard rumours the foundation slab underneath the Yonge/Eglinton station box is cracked and they don't know how to fix it.
I've still got 10 bucks that says they dug too deep and ran into a Balrog.

If they released that kind of information,the media and opposition politicians who are against any transit spending would use it to try to show that we shouldn't spend money on projects like this.

If they released that kind of information,the media and opposition politicians who are against any transit spending would use it to try to show that we shouldn't spend money on projects like this.

Meh. More likely they'd argue for responsible management of transit projects.

The thought that we can't have transparency because it could lead to criticism is dark path to go down.

Meh. More likely they'd argue for responsible management of transit projects.

The thought that we can't have transparency because it could lead to criticism is dark path to go down.
I am not suggesting that they shouldn't, but am suggesting that there are reasons that they aren't.

Back