News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Almost feels like there's a word missing here and he meant to write that the minister said that the public has a right to know. I'm not sure why he's saying he would have the right to know since I assume he... already has the right.

View attachment 526362

Confirmed. Here's the full quote:

“People have a right to know that date,” Sarkaria told Global News at Queen’s Park. “As soon as I have a date, a credible date, that we know the parties can meet we will make sure the public knows that date.”

From this story: https://globalnews.ca/news/10162474...fire-metrolinx-ceo-eglinton-lrt-final-insult/

Sign already outdated. :p
1702338001995.png

1702337988622.png
1702337979732.png

Wouldn't they need to redo the whole sign since Eglinton East should be represented by LRT train rather than subway train?
Put a LRT pictogram sticker over the 3 and a 7 sticker over the LRT pictogram. Of course, it’ll look cheap and won’t light up, but you won’t have to redo the sign!

^Page 6, Item 7 is labelled "Site of defect on underside of 1950's TTC Box" and then Page 9 shows a picture - is this one and the same issue?

Was an explanation or any detail given about this in the briefing?

While there was a lot of buzz that this issue was what is holding everything up, it sounds like both the workdown of "deficiencies" and the certification of completion re a lot of other things is still progressing.

- Paul

^Page 6, Item 7 is labelled "Site of defect on underside of 1950's TTC Box" and then Page 9 shows a picture - is this one and the same issue?
I would be interested in the fix too. The before and after pictures cause more concern than reassurance. It doesn't take any effort to hang a drop ceiling on a poorly constructed/supported roof to make it look nice. I assume it was done properly, but "hey look at the pretty covering" is so simplistic it is scary.

If it’s taken them 3 months to knock off 35 deficiencies at this rate they will complete the job in 12-15 months (assuming linear progress).
New deficiencies are also found during the inspection process. The progress in the queue will speed up once you're finished looking for problems. Though some deficiencies could be much harder to solve.

Back