News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Dec 7
Finally made it back to the east end and see LRV's testing as 2 pack. Counted at least 8 sets and the first time seeing them being tested. Every time I have visited the area, no cars on the line until today/

It was a patchwork of spacing between them as well directions. Moving very slowly.

I had to laugh watching 3 crew members clearing the snow from Pharmacy platforms as well spreading salt on it when no one is using it in the first place, other doing practical training to be ready for that unknown opening date. 2 other personal not part of the snow crew where doing checking of various thing on a list they had

After the crews left, had a looked at the platforms and saw a few things that have been added to the platform since my last close look at it back in 2021/22. Tap readers are wrap as well unwrap similar to other platforms I pasted. One of the 4 screens being tested wasn't working. Testing of screens various from station to stations. Golden Mile platforms show different screen testing, but the westbound display the departing LRV and show the next one in 4 minutes, when that next LRV was a minute away just about to hit the intersection.

So much for transit priority as the LRT green went to red about 30 seconds before traffic started to change like it did in 2021
Ridiculous. This is actually just as slow as the Spadina streetcars. This is going to be a big problem once this starts operating.

If Phil doesn't know (he wouldn't confirm '24 opening), I don't think anyone does at this stage. There are too many variables yet.
Having read the comment about needing to wait for warmer weather to make certain changes, it’s either late Fall 2024 or sometime Spring 2025. I’d be truly surprised if they opened it in the winter next year, but what do I know 🤷‍♂️

They need to figure out what to do with the quantum singularity that exists in the middle of the station. It isn't visible but it is located where the green arrow is pointing. Rather than deal with the fact it has sucked up Eglinton Ave West, Yonge Eglinton Centre, and the Eglinton Line, they just erected signage to point everyone in the direction of the singularity since that is where those things went.

1702088600080.png

Ridiculous. This is actually just as slow as the Spadina streetcars. This is going to be a big problem once this starts operating.
Can we not at least wait until the line has opened before passing judgment on what should and shouldn't have been done?

This forum has a BIG problem with jumping to conclusions.

They need to figure out what to do with the quantum singularity that exists in the middle of the station. It isn't visible but it is located where the green arrow is pointing. Rather than deal with the fact it has sucked up Eglinton Ave West, Yonge Eglinton Centre, and the Eglinton Line, they just erected signage to point everyone in the direction of the singularity since that is where those things went.

That is some bad signage. The two at the edges I got immediately. But I initially couldn't figure out what the middle one was for, finally realizing that it’s for the elevator. Up for Eglinton Ave and YEC; down for Line 5.

There absolutely must be a better way to communicate that.

I think it looks really confusing since the signs associated with the two escalator banks are exactly at the same place as the sign directing you to the elevator when you’re on the mezzanine. When you come from below you’ll only ever see one of those signs at a time. When you’re walking on the mezzanine you would see all three.

I think they could have pulled the middle sign farther back to where high-vis was standing and also included an elevator symbol. Alternatively, get rid of the two signs for the escalator banks, and simply have the single sign in the middle with an elevator symbol, “To Street (Up Arrow)”, “To Platform (Down Arrow)”.

(I suspect all of this is caused because the escalator banks are just way too close to the elevator).

That is some bad signage. The two at the edges I got immediately. But I initially couldn't figure out what the middle one was for, finally realizing that it’s for the elevator. Up for Eglinton Ave and YEC; down for Line 5.

There absolutely must be a better way to communicate that.
My interpreation of the centre sign is, "Enter here for Line 5 Eglinton. This is also an accessible route."
Fare gates will be installed at where those pylons are.

Noticed new washrooms in the pic EnvironTO posted.
I am wondering if there are any other stations on line 5 that will also have washrooms?

I am guessing that Mount Dennis being a terminus station will have one.
What about Cedervale (Eglinton West) since this will be an interchange station?
I also feel like washrooms might be possible at Science Centre and possible a new set of washrooms at Kennedy?

Noticed new washrooms in the pic EnvironTO posted.
I am wondering if there are any other stations on line 5 that will also have washrooms?

I am guessing that Mount Dennis being a terminus station will have one.
What about Cedervale (Eglinton West) since this will be an interchange station?
I also feel like washrooms might be possible at Science Centre and possible a new set of washrooms at Kennedy?
I don't think either Science Centre or Eglington West will have washrooms. That said washrooms at Science Centre could easily be part of the Ontario Line part of the station.

Back