News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

looks very wet under the canopies lol... what is this grey box with screen for?
There's a nice dry spot here. :)

seat.jpg

I feel like they should have put the general Presto fare vending machine under the/a canopy.
With the introduction of open payments, I think that's largely unnecessary. Although concession fares don't work with interac/credit card tap

I think 2025 is likely. A year from now is essentially June 2024. That‘s not long enough for things to work their way through the courts. So, add another six to seven months and then we‘re into Jan-Feb 2025. But you don’t want to launch a new system in the snow…. so that’s April-May 2025.
Based on today‘s article in the Toronto Star with the TTC predicting the Crosstown will open in Sept 2024, and taking into account that neither our city nor Metrolinx can get anything done on schedule, I’d say my prediction of spring 2025 will prove to be accurate.

IMG_2818.png

Based on the video above, this looks like an area that needs fixing in warm weather in 2024 as well other areas of the surface area.

None of the LRV's I have seen since 2021 are running close to the speed they should be running at on the surface.

TTC budget would take a hit if TTC was to start running services sooner than Sept, especially for Finch. Can see Crosstown starting later than Sept.

Based on today‘s article in the Toronto Star with the TTC predicting the Crosstown will open in Sept 2024, and taking into account that neither our city nor Metrolinx can get anything done on schedule, I’d say my prediction of spring 2025 will prove to be accurate.
I think 2025 may be optimistic. I suspect that the only reason that Verster won't reveal the date he's been hearing is because the longer he delays, the longer he can keep cashing his pay cheque. My money is no earlier than late 2025. Perhaps significantly longer.

It's not a TTC prediction. The TTC Chair was quoted as saying on Wednesday that the new lines will hopefully open in the new year but "If anyone knows, please tell me, because I’d love to know".

They have to assume something. Isn't September 2023 what they assumed in the last budget - at least for Line 5. And I've a funny feeling the previous budget had a late 2022 date assumed.

Back