News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

March 1
I was in the Yonge and Eglinton area today and a head scratching visit, The hording around the elevator and escalator from TTC platform to the LRT or to the concourse is mostly removed now with fencing in its place. Lots of work still to be done on all levels including the overhead ceiling as well flashing.

It would be nice to get the tunnel back though it will be an L shape compared to what it was before. Will not be going through the food court area anymore as it has been reduced in size and it will be a straight walk to the new LRT entrance.

Lots of sidewalk work still to be done for pouring the concrete base that will support the pavers that will be placed on top of the concrete.

Not all the bike lanes are in place yet and all of it still needs to see asphalt topcoat especially where the bus stops are located.

Part of the sidewalk by the new LRT entrance is still seeing waterline work or X that needs to be backfill and then have concrete pour for it.

We should see no construction for the sidewalks and bike lanes by June with the hope it will happen a lot sooner.

Until the access to the LRT station from TTC line 1, stations, we may see some hint when it will be completed come June.

Photos to follow with an unknown timeframe at this time, as I have overv1,000 in my backlog currently.

with exception of the firewrap and the faregate duct bank adjustment, what other blockbuster deficiencies are there to report? seems to me most of the remaining work are now minor non critical.
i hope to god that verster isnt holding back opening because he wants all those latter things done first. ECT does not need to look pristine to be operational and it would be a scandal if he thinks it is.

with exception of the firewrap and the faregate duct bank adjustment, what other blockbuster deficiencies are there to report? seems to me most of the remaining work are now minor non critical.
i hope to god that verster isnt holding back opening because he wants all those latter things done first. ECT does not need to look pristine to be operational and it would be a scandal if he thinks it is.

It's not a matter of "looking" pristine.
Question one would be - can the deficiency be remediated after the station becomes operational. Some things may be harder or impossible to fix once people are present and trams are running.
Question two would be - are the deficiencies a code violation.
Question three would be - what is the likelihood that the contractor will return later to do the fix ?

Personally I would like to see them get things right, before opening (andbefore the contractor gets paid).

- Paul

It's not a matter of "looking" pristine.
Question one would be - can the deficiency be remediated after the station becomes operational. Some things may be harder or impossible to fix once people are present and trams are running.
Question two would be - are the deficiencies a code violation.
Question three would be - what is the likelihood that the contractor will return later to do the fix ?

Personally I would like to see them get things right, before opening (andbefore the contractor gets paid).

- Paul
well obviously we need to construct to code but from the pictures showing them "cleaning up" that signifies in principle that all major work at that site should be finished and that there should be no major issues that would prevent it from occupancy.
beggars cant be choosers. we are years late and honestly i dont think we are in the position nor will 99.999% of the rider care to nitpick on being millimetre correct on alignment or finish. they need to open asap and any minor aesthetic deficiencies should be done after opening.

you dont see developers waiting for an entire 60s condo to finish 100% before occupying. they occupy as soon as its safe and permitted to do so. they want to make their money back asap. same goes for this. we want to see our tax dollars recuperated asap by opening this line asap.

still waiting from ML to provide us a list of what major blockbuster deficiencies there still are but once again they are being illuminati secret with their affairs.

well obviously we need to construct to code but from the pictures showing them "cleaning up" that signifies in principle that all major work at that site should be finished and that there should be no major issues that would prevent it from occupancy.
beggars cant be choosers. we are years late and honestly i dont think we are in the position nor will 99.999% of the rider care to nitpick on being millimetre correct on alignment or finish. they need to open asap and any minor aesthetic deficiencies should be done after opening.

you dont see developers waiting for an entire 60s condo to finish 100% before occupying. they occupy as soon as its safe and permitted to do so. they want to make their money back asap. same goes for this. we want to see our tax dollars recuperated asap by opening this line asap.

still waiting from ML to provide us a list of what major blockbuster deficiencies there still are but once again they are being illuminati secret with their affairs.
I think this brings up another good point, The contract language is so terribly written that "full completion" has to be interpreted as every single thing is 110% complete. Which is why the testing and commissioning is taking so long.

I think this brings up another good point, The contract language is so terribly written that "full completion" has to be interpreted as every single thing is 110% complete. Which is why the testing and commissioning is taking so long.
That or verster is just being an egotistical maniac in aesthetics

For someone who has just alluded to illuminati like secrecy, you seem to know an awful lot about Verster's motivations.

I have no reason to like or trust the guy, or indeed any other official you could possibly name, but this is bordering on slander.
well currently in terms of their messaging they are keeping things extremely tight lipped even though they are doing these dog and ponies bimonthly. whats to slander when every time he avoids answering a direct question on what is actually left to do. all he says is when its ready he'll announce it. its been like this for the last 3 years. and someone who is not obsessed with perfection and the image of perfection wouldve had this line planned for staged opening right from the get go.
hes accountable to the public including explaining why these mystery deficiencies are still outstanding. until he spells out what they are they will remain as mysteries quite literally.

Staged opening? This topic has been beaten to death in this thread. There are many good arguments for why it hasn't been done. I suggest you go back through the many pages and read them.

Staged opening? This topic has been beaten to death in this thread. There are many good arguments for why it hasn't been done. I suggest you go back through the many pages and read them.
That's not the point. The main point is that he's being very secretive and appears to have ocd on keeping everything under lock and key despite the scandalous delays and issues on this line

• Angry
Reactions: T3G
Right, so we're back to square one again. Given the secrecy you yourself allude to, you have no idea what is going on, but you're sure it's because he has OCD about being secretive???

Which incidentally, is an offensively stupid thing to say. As someone who has suffered from OCD for many years, the thought of someone trivializing this affliction by suggesting political secrecy is a side effect of the disease, and not of general wanton carelessness and disregard for the general public, might be the worst thing I have ever read on this website. If you have nothing valuable to contribute, don't contribute anything.

That's not the point. The main point is that he's being very secretive and appears to have ocd on keeping everything under lock and key despite the scandalous delays and issues on this line

Everything Metrolinx releases publicly needs to be approved by the Minister of Transports office, and a non-trivial portion of that is punted up to the Premiers staff.

Verster is the gatekeeper but he's enforcing policy created upstream.

I think it’s amazing that people on here can assert that Verster can singlehandedly decide to keep closed or force open a transit line irrespective of the provisions of a contract none of them have read, and which has already been subject to serious litigation

Back