News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The plan was never to integrate it with the SRT and if the Scarborough malvern LRT is ever built it wouldn't through run with eglinton due to reliability issues. There is no need for a future extension as all future extension possibilities won't have it through running with eglinton.

Also, they will be removing the HOV lanes. Eglinton will go from 2+ HOV to just 2.

The plan was never to integrate it with the SRT and if the Scarborough malvern LRT is ever built it wouldn't through run with eglinton due to reliability issues. There is no need for a future extension as all future extension possibilities won't have it through running with eglinton.

Also, they will be removing the HOV lanes. Eglinton will go from 2+ HOV to just 2.

Has there been any thought about extending the Eglinton Crosstown to Eglinton/Kingston one day (completely separate from the Malvern LRT)?

Has there been any thought about extending the Eglinton Crosstown to Eglinton/Kingston one day (completely separate from the Malvern LRT)?

This would be a great idea. Building a terminus in the old Morningside Mall area would be a huge transit hub for people going to/coming from Durham, UTSC, Malvern and western Scarborough. The GO station would also be a good area for a transit hub, a much much smaller "Union Station East" would be a good thing here.

Planning should begin today for the ECLRT Phase 2. Start it today, start construction on it in 2020. Compared to the impending construction Götterdammerung of the central section, building it to Pearson would be a relative breeze.

From a layman's perspective, is it not incredibly short-sighted of Metrolinx to make it impossible to extend the Eglinton Crosstown?

It would be short-sighted if that were the case, but it's not. There is language written in the ECLRT RFP that requires the winning bidder to design Kennedy Station so as to allow for eastwards expansion of the Crosstown.

It would be short-sighted if that were the case, but it's not. There is language written in the ECLRT RFP that requires the winning bidder to design Kennedy Station so as to allow for eastwards expansion of the Crosstown.

Perfect! Thanks!

Oh wow. What the heck. Does this mean somebody from ML does read these forums and that our cries for them to hire Johnny were heard.

Where the heck is Johnny anyways. He's been gone the past little while :)

Last edited:
I know from past discussions with coworkers that there are a number of professionals in the transit field that frequent this forum (either as members or as lurkers).

Last edited:
I know from past discussions with coworkers that there are a number of professionals in the transit field that frequent this forum (either as members or as lurkers).

Interesting... Now that they've been exposed and I know we have their attention, it's about time they started caving to our demands. Starting with that south-side ECLRT alignment at Eglinton Ave @ Leslie Street. :rolleyes:

Interesting... Now that they've been exposed and I know we have their attention, it's about time they started caving to our demands. Starting with that south-side ECLRT alignment at Eglinton Ave @ Leslie Street. :rolleyes:

As head of the Eglinton Crosstown project at Metrolinx, I have to say that's a great idea that we've never heard before! But now that you've said it it's so obvious! I'll get my team working on it right away.

Johnny I had no idea you worked for Metrolinx!

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2014/03/follow-construction-crosstown-lrt-tbm-tracker

I guess you're Metrolinx's ambassador to this forum and anybody who has issues, south side Leslie, elevated east Eglinton, should contact you! :)
I am so flattered. Unfortunately, I don't work for Metrolinx and sometimes, the updates here are a few hours after the Metrolinx ones. I don't have the time to check up every day.

Please remove my name from the blog post until I officially work for Metrolinx. I work for Bloorview, not Metrolinx.

Nowhere do you see Metrolinx here: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/johnny-au/8a/86b/5a8/

Last edited:
I am so flattered. Unfortunately, I don't work for Metrolinx and sometimes, the updates here are a few hours after the Metrolinx ones. I don't have the time to check up every day.

Please remove my name from the blog post until I officially work for Metrolinx. I work for Bloorview, not Metrolinx.

Nowhere do you see Metrolinx here: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/johnny-au/8a/86b/5a8/

How have you not been hired by Metrolinx? You're digital geography education is a perfect match for Metrolinx including updating the TBM tracker.

If anybody from Metrolinx is reading this, please hire Johnny to help track and direct TBM activities for the Eglinton project.

Back