It should go over well with the 'grey is good' crowd...;)

edna.jpg

This city has far, far too much spandrel glass and a lot of it is grey but, have you not seen Tridel's Accolade project? The aquamarine spandrel hurts the eyes.

This isn't your typical grey on grey either. The grey spandrel should work quite well with the blue vision glass.

personally I think Accolade was successful in that it was certainly unique and identifiable, although the bright blue jumps out at first look, it grew on me after seeing it a couple times and I like it quite a bit .. its definitely a lot better than the typical grey condo towers being built around the GTA

there definitely looks like a blue tint to the glass and spandrels, etc.

compare the colour to the concrete, it's subtle ... not in your face.

I'd love to see Accolade's sapphire blue glass happening here! What a strong counterpoint that would be for this area and of course the development name would make much more sense.

I'm with Redroom and Solaris here - the ostentatious, in-your-face blue of Accolade would have been a much better fit for the area while also remaining truer to the 'CruptalBlown' marketing hogwash.

I'd love to see Accolade's sapphire blue glass happening here! What a strong counterpoint that would be for this area and of course the development name would make much more sense.

I also agree. How can you create a visually interesting city with practically every new building being grey? Is there no other colour that works?

Personally, I do not like the colour grey but even if I did, I certainly wouldn't want to be limited to only that one colour. For the most part, that's what's happening in Toronto right now. It seems like condo developers take the easiest route by just doing what everyone else is doing, instead of working with colour combinations that make a statement. The colour grey is not the colour I want representing this city, which I see as vibrant and exciting. (compared to almost all the NA cities I've been to) Give me a bit more reds or even black, anything but ubiquitous grey. It's time we asserted ourselves in a bolder way, with cutting edge architecture and the creative use of colour. Put some of those starving artists to work.

Or undulate between grey and orange! A little Canadian grey here, a little Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbal orange there...

There's no harm in a little grey, but when it becomes de rigueur things sure do get monotonous (pardon the pun).

Back