Yeah.. I've heard that alot... But i don't see how that is possible... I mean, our downtown isn't really that large compared to other cities (such as NY)... I'm not sure how emporis classifies highrise buildings... (maybe cause we have alot of sub-urban buildings like North York City Centre...)

It's 100% correct ... ever been to Chicago before ?

You hit it on the nail as well, we have soo many 12 floor + towers outside the core. This is very rare in American cities, Chicago as well.

So our skyscraper count is a lot higher.

If you included the GTA vs Chicago's CMA / GTA it would be even more skewed.

But, when looking at the downtown only, hands down, Chicago wins ;)

But they lose when it comes to residential buildings downtown, not in terms of height, just quantity.

The dark blue glass being installed on Lumiere (Bay and College) is more what I expected to see on this project.

Oct. 24th

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Sorry for the poor quality photos. My camera died so I'm using a borrowed camera for the first time today that I'm not familiar with until I can decide on & purchase a good Canon or Nikon. Suggestions welcome, please PM me.

Sorry for the poor quality photos. My camera died so I'm using a borrowed camera for the first time today that I'm not familiar with until I can decide on & purchase a good Canon or Nikon. Suggestions welcome, please PM me.

Looks like the cladding on this one and Parade (Cityplace) should've been blue like in the renderings! :(

Last edited:
Oct. 25th

Blu from College & Yonge

anybody knows latest completion date for this project? Last I heard was Summer 09 but that was a while ago.

I was worried a for a while there....not much progress was made but its been going up fast now.

5 November 2009 photo update

I'm wondering if the crane to the left of the photo is for that Diamante project, the Florian?

Skinny model Crystal Blu making out with her X?

dsc00667u.jpg

(And perhaps white crane to the right of 1 Bedford's is for Museum House?)

Last edited:
Ok
I am sticking my neck out.
Those of you who have read my posts, know that time has eventually proved me accurate almost every time..
This one is going to be a prize winner. That thing they are building next door?...no comment. I'm not knocking it. Lets just say I have not given up hope.
I sincerely believe that this building is going to be absolutely incredible, despite the Builder's reputation. I am surprised we have not heard more fom people who have purchased here. They, no doubt, would have so some good juicy tales to tell us about dealing with this builder.

this angle along Hayden Street is incredible! Hope I can remember to copy this angle next time I'm shooting in the city...

IMG_nov-08-09-0109.jpg

I know it's been said before...but I'll say it again. That is the most anorexic building I've ever seen!

Back