6 Dec 2011--shockingly, a 30-something couple coming out of the restaurant across the street from Cube said "it's too tall!" Bizarre, as I think 6s for this area is perfect!

010cubelofts.jpg

Any news? It looks like work has been suspended... no one has been on site the three times I've walked by.

What a disaster, for something this size it should have been completed 1-2 years ago. These guys better get their act together...

Last edited:
That's a sharp looking face. This will be a nice little building whenever they get around to finishing it.

6 April 2012 - I wonder if the original version would sell in today's Toronto? (It's sort of like Abacus, so I'd hope so.)

Difference in scale is apparent here:

024vl.jpg

027pqk.jpg

(Has any work taken place since 4 months ago?)

Last edited:
5nine Project Management has taken over construction and are in the (slow) process of restarting and finishing this thing.

The pace of work on this project is disgraceful. I feel truly sorry for all who bought in this building. What are we on, year 6 now?

I think (or hope) it will be well worth the wait and the finish of construction won't be compromised with the troubles they have been experiencing. I look forward to seeing the finish product.

Those who bought as an investment are probably not complaining.

The pace of work on this project is disgraceful. I feel truly sorry for all who bought in this building. What are we on, year 6 now?

don't feel sorry for them - when you buy a condo, aside from the down payment you don't owe anything until you're occupying your unit. so they put, say, $40K down and in the mean time the value of their property has gone wayyyyy up - yet they can invest the money that would have gone into their mortgage payments into other gains-producing investments. It's a pretty amazing deal, when you think about it! For investors, that is - not those wanting to live in the place, then it's just a pain (but with financial benefits)

I think (or hope) it will be well worth the wait and the finish of construction won't be compromised with the troubles they have been experiencing.

Aw, that's nice, so optimistic :)

LoL, the slowest 6 storey build of all time.......first proposed in early 2007 and broke ground in March-2009
Here we are, almost 4 years later and it is still not finished...Crazy:eek:

Back