While I agree w/the above; particularly insofar as it applies to the hiring of starchitects or the inclusion of particularly extreme geometry or high end finishes; I think we can also agree that there is lots of room for design improvement here within the budget envelope of catering to the bottom 99%. We've seen purpose-built rental and a number of condos that are not aiming at 'The One' crowd deliver much nicer design.juwant an authoritative answer, will this project actually be built?
While I agree w/the above; particularly insofar as it applies to the hiring of starchitects or the inclusion of particularly extreme geometry or high end finishes; I think we can also agree that there is lots of room for design improvement here within the budget envelope of catering to the bottom 99%. We've seen purpose-built rental and a number of condos that are not aiming at 'The One' crowd deliver much nicer design.
Superstar, want get an authoritative answer from you, will this project actually gonna be sell and built in the next one or two years? Or just still be a concept proposal?

Superstar, want get an authoritative answer from you, will this project actually gonna be sell and built in the next one or two years? Or just still be a concept proposal?

LOL.

I truthfully don't keep close tabs on most sites in respect of zone and flip vs build. I do know the answer sometimes, but in this case.......I would defer to @ProjectEnd 's judgement as he follows this sorta of thing more closely.

At the end of the day, KingSett is vending this. So they'll try and pack as many floors in as possible and let the buyer figure out what they want to construct. It's more-appealing to the vendor to have the higher count as it makes the product more enticing, even if you know it's not feasible from a construction perspective (transfer slabs and other structure, M&E, etc. will eventually cut this down).

The above is post #960 from Sept 14, 2022.

New Member, tone it down and read back a bit. There's plenty of information and debate regarding exactly the thing you're asking about, so easy up on demanding senior members do the work for you and illuminate yourself.

New Member, tone it down and read back a bit. There's plenty of information and debate regarding exactly the thing you're asking about, so easy up on demanding senior members do the work for you and illuminate yourself.
you are so so friendly, yes, I am new for sure, I don’t know just curious about a question, i don’t even know who says right or wrong, I do see him post lots of pictures and information on different projects just asking politely, is there anything wrong? But I remember since this time, never ask you. And thank you

Is Kingsett planning to build here or have they found a JV partner or buyer? Hmmm

In a report on next week's TTC agenda we learn that a new entrance connection agreement has been negotiated to ensure the new development is connected to Bay Station as the existing one is.........
Due to this project causing the closure of the existing entrance, and the only accessible path to the surface from Bay Station, we have a report with some timelines in it.

From said report:

1673559259893.png

So we appear to have a construction start date target of Q4 2023, or something less than 11 months away. That would seem suggestive of a plan to build being somewhat concrete.

The existing elevator access is actually quite cumbersome, through Cumberland terrace (boo, hiss, I know, I couldn't help it).................

It's actually 167M from Bay Station to the elevator passengers can use to get to the surface.

While the proposed connection improves on this substantially, it's still rather odd............

1673559511745.png

I'm not sure why one wouldn't design this with the elevator right next to the station access, that hardly seems burdensome.....

Ahead of potential construction..........this one is headed to the Committee of Adjustment.

A few of you here will be amused by this 'refinement'.

1690442373163.png

1690442411414.png

@ProjectEnd may have thoughts on the red squiggly outline below:

1690442556783.png

No new renders provided.

Tl,dr: Who needs stinkin' offices when we can work at home...

(I'm pretty sure the reasons for the decision here where more complicated than that!)

Ahead of potential construction..........this one is headed to the Committee of Adjustment.

A few of you here will be amused by this 'refinement'.

@ProjectEnd may have thoughts on the red squiggly outline below:

No new renders provided.

This one is a long way from construction...

This one is a long way from construction...

I would have thought so, but then we had this info:

Nothing on the elevators?

@Art Tsai made me look again....

8 elevators / 1090 units; Ratio: .73 elevators per 100 units.
Oh, that obviously goes without saying. The towers themselves actually aren't too bad if you separate them out, but you'd need 3 or so additional ones in the podium to make service bearable.
Jeez, They definitely need to add more...
They will not.

On the heels of what @Paclo has shared above.........

The new TTC entrance that is part of the redevelopment plans here, is the subject of a report to the next meeting of TTC:

From the above:

1708019356133.png

That projected completion date implies a near-term construction start, so we need to check in with @ProjectEnd to see whether that is so.

Back