...the fact it uses distracting arrangements of balcony dynamics to cover up its Herb Tarlek beige spamdrel wall certainly doesn't save it from its mediocre glass box label it rightfully deserves. (And to which we saw the architect confessed that she pleaded with the developer to go with something different in a video presentation several dozens of pages back.) The residential aspect of this project is a triple flop at best. Then that crown seem to send it right over 365 Church/"Design" Haus territory. And this is one of the first set of buildings we'll see coming in from the East on the Lake Shore on our waterfront now. So yeah, I agree. /bleh

Last edited:
Mm, yeah I'd have to say that the black crown actually looks worse IMHO. Previously it was a very cheap way of trying to continue the spiral effect from the balcony - but they obviously cheaped out and so it looked so out of place. But now this black has nothing to do with the rest of the building.

Dunno, I don't think there's anything that could be done to save the towers.

...the fact it uses distracting arrangements of balcony dynamics to cover up its Herb Tarlek beige spamdrel wall certainly doesn't save it from its mediocre glass box label it rightfully deserves. (And to which we saw the architect confessed that she pleaded with the developer to go with something different in a video presentation several dozens of pages back.) The residential aspect of this project is a triple flop at best. That crown seem to send it right over 365 Church/"Design" Haus territory. And this is one of the first set of buildings we'll see coming in from the East on the Lake Shore on our waterfront now. So yeah, I agree. /bleh
How do you think the architect feels ?

Reactions: DSC
Some unflattering light.

The white panel would have been more friendly to the (camera) eye but maybe the dark panels will provide a base for some sort of “Mactac” overlay?

Time will tell.

15A9112E-06EA-4AFB-AB9E-D35789470097.jpeg

0CC7BFA2-E1FA-4FB7-8A94-148754560675.jpeg

1797E035-9780-4BD8-9BC6-92F5A6D292EA.jpeg

9B993840-9116-4CCB-A198-2A35BF776DA4.jpeg

I know it’s been said a million times, so this probably brings next to no value to this thread, but I just gotta say:

Christ, this building is an eyesore

I can’t stop staring at it. How could any self-respecting architect want to take credit for such a skyline-scarring monster? How could any developer be proud of what they’ve built? I don’t get it

The day this gets the wrecking ball (or a recladding, I’ll accept either) I’m throwing a massive party to celebrate. And you’re all invited

I can see these twin turds from my balcony. *draws blinds*

It's utterly shameful that never again will you have such a clear view of our city's best architecture from the waterfront or most places in downtown for that matter 😒

LHP_1245 by Liang, on Flickr

I know the land is valuable but for the sake of the skyline, I really wish this area was kept mid-rise at most, akin to a southern extension of the St Lawrence Market neighbourhood but I digress. It's all moot now anyways.

Black looks better to me, even if it doesnt work for the atrocious design language already used for the tower. I'm very surprised the developer bothered altering the crown detailing at all...too bad these turds will be as is for decades. I do like some elements of the podium, purely based on the minimal, international style design language....but thats the only good thing I can say of these....things.

Black looks better to me, even if it doesnt work for the atrocious design language already used for the tower. I'm very surprised the developer bothered altering the crown detailing at all...too bad these turds will be as is for decades. I do like some elements of the podium, purely based on the minimal, international style design language....but thats the only good thing I can say of these....things.
Yes, putting lipstick on a pig still gives you a pig with lipstick but that can be amusing (or romantic if you fancy pigs) but in this case the lipstick is poorly applied and we can expect a Rudy Giuiliani hair-dye effect sooner or later. A SAD SAD FAIL!

Back