Again what Daniels told us in January was rental in the eastern tower, not student residences. George Brown has just built a student residence in the West Don Lands that will be used for the Pan Am Games and then be transferred to GBC.

GBC also still has their site directly north of their existing waterfront campus which was planned as a student residence before the construction of the one in the Pan Am village.

These don't do anything for me. They look rather ordinary. They should look to The Well for inspiration if they need some. We need excellence on our waterfront and not these average looking buildings.

The more I see of this, the more disappointed I am. These buildings look so ordinary. I expect something on the waterfront to look different that the buildings going up in Scarborough but besides the animation at street level, it looks totally unremarkable and without distinction. I do appreciate the fact that it will be arts oriented but shouldn't an arts oriented building on our downtown waterfront show a bit more creativity? This design is just not good enough for this prominent location.

This whole project suffers from design fatigue. It's been through so many changes. The project was very different before any of the information/renderings made their way onto UT, and I remember speaking to a friend who was working on the project. It sounded much more interesting in the early days but has been through so many changes I wonder if the design team and developers have lost sight of a cohesive vision and standard for the project.

Sugar Beach North remains the part I am most excited about; it will be a cute little space, and I'm glad they've kept that.

I'm most excited about that big tree planted on the rooftop. And the buses on QQE. That's awesome!

The more I see of this, the more disappointed I am. These buildings look so ordinary. I expect something on the waterfront to look different that the buildings going up in Scarborough but besides the animation at street level, it looks totally unremarkable and without distinction. I do appreciate the fact that it will be arts oriented but shouldn't an arts oriented building on our downtown waterfront show a bit more creativity? This design is just not good enough for this prominent location.

This is kinda like Monde: keep the podium, chop off the whole glass tower and I would have been happy.

Somebody else is going to get the tab for them shiny new steel toe boots.

Somebody else is going to get the tab for them shiny new steel toe boots.

The boots and hats politicians and guests of honour wear at these events are generally provided by the developer, and returned after the photo op.

This is kinda like Monde: keep the podium, chop off the whole glass tower and I would have been happy.

Monde is very different than this. The tower in Monde is not a conventional box. It's very unique in the way it tapers as it goes south, almost like a triangle. Also the glass balconies are quite unique too. Some run along the building but others stick out from the building creating an unusual look. It's the only building in Toronto that I know of that has this design. Take a closer look at Monde and you will see that it's anything but a conventional glass box and nothing like this boring building.

Again, great watermarks kotsy! When I saw myself in one of the shots I was hoping that you would watermark my hat or something, but marking the excavator was a far cooler approach!

Back