Joining the Nightmare on Elm Street, and Grim Reaper on Grenville (YC Condos), we now have the Gruesome Twosome on College wrecking havoc.

Also a dishonorable mention goes out to the Labyrinth of Doom at Aura's basement.

20200103_162149.jpg
20200103_162217.jpg
20200103_162311.jpg
20200103_162327.jpg

Last edited:
The only speck of hope this project had was that the balconies and their guardrails would hide the horrendous mess of a "facade" that stood behind.
But, much in keeping with the rest of this project, it would appear those very balconies were value-engineered out!

I award this project a big fat F- !!! It's so bad it makes me want to find some financial backers and start my very own name-and-shame awards event like the original Pug Awards. I am certain this building would be one of the best competitors for 2020's "Torontohno! Nonarchitecture Awards".

Like too little butter scraped over so much bread, like an XXL trying to squeeze into an S because it was on sale, like an alien pulling a flayed human face across its mug and saying "see, I just like you!"

Wow. Um. At least the massing is nice for this stretch? And the terra cotta might end up being less jarring once it picks up a few years of grime?

I can't believe I'm waiting on pollution and grime to make this thing less bad.

There's no saving grace here. This is the kind of garbage you'd expect to find built in Scarborough during the 2000's. I'd say this ranks down there with Block 27 in Regent Park and 365 Church as the worst clad Toronto buildings within the past 5 years. Even Max Condos is slightly not as bad.

Back