Re: name

Makes you wonder why they built a subway beside this in the first place:

The subway line wasn't just built for density on Sheppard, the North York Secondary Plan locked up a lot of potential density within NYCC until the new line was built, so many of the new towers on Yonge in NYCC are a result of increased density allowances due to the Sheppard line being built.

Hopefully from an optimistic point-of-view the new Spadina extension to VCC will result in similar new condo development and transit supportive densities.

^
No doubt that Downsview has the potential to be be a great density site and York U is a huge trip generating destination that people will want to live along the line. VCC, if built according to plan, will also be have great residential and employment density.

I had not thought about your NYCC intensification point as it relates to Sheppard.

Although I'd personally rather see the new subway money go toward expanding YUS to York or Steeles W (with better VIVA service feeding it) and the completion of Sheppard from Downsview to Scarborough. I think Sheppard's full density potential can only be realized once the line links two major destinations with Consumers Business Park in the middle. It would offer a real alternative to driving on the 401.

Ooh, Archivitower, you stole my idea for snark. You win.

Re: name Concord Adex's new 42-acre condo project on Sheppar

All the talk of redevelopment along Sheppard being the sole reason for the subway tends to miss the point that Sheppard was always a really busy bus route on a really busy corridor with a lot of people (mostly east of Leslie, until recently) living nearby...for a "subway to nowhere," the stretch between Don Mills and Kennedy would certainly pass through a more developed area than any subway extension outside the YUS loop ever did.

Oriole Village: The Blue Jay, The Robin, The Oriole, The Chickadee, The Wren, The Junco, The Downy, The Sparrow, etc.

In the city plans it refers to the area as Oriole Village. Oriole Station is right there. Since these towers will be the bulk of "Oriole Village" they should probably call it "Oriole Village".

For some reason, I've got this impulse to sing "Rockin' Robin"...

Mel Lastman Village...ah n/m

Maybe The Beacon, or Skyhaven. Ah this is hard.

Well, we have a cityplace, so why not call it suburbanplace... or almostsuburbanplace?

LOL, oh wait, arn't their any sensitive MCC type folks out there to defend this former 'city'. Its very urban you know. It is seperate and distinct from 'Toronto'.

It is amazing how many condos are going up in the Greater Mississauga Area. Especially in the suburbs such as Toronto.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is a link to a the design firm's "master plan" for the site.

www.wndplan.com/services/...ntire.html

As for a name, call it "Leslie Heights" so it can sound like a lame teen angsty TV drama.

Since it's so close to IKEA, perhaps each building should be named after an IKEA product.

It is amazing how many condos are going up in the Greater Mississauga Area. Especially in the suburbs such as Toronto.

lol, don't give Hazel any ideas! ;)

Concord @ Canadian Tire lands (North York)

Banners for Concord have now been placed on the old Canadian Tire building on Sheppard. Demolition imminent?

Back