Sure but sticking LEDs on this lump of coal is the definition of putting lipstick on a pig. It also reinforces the falsehood that it's ok to hire G+C for future work.

It's analogous to putting lipstick on a pig, not the definition. Either way, I don't mind this building. When coming down King I think the dark tones make the area seem a bit more sophisticated.

Streetcar ride-by shots:

IMG_7517.jpg

IMG_7518.jpg

IMG_7519.jpg

IMG_7485.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7485.jpg
    IMG_7485.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,036
  • IMG_7517.jpg
    IMG_7517.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • IMG_7518.jpg
    IMG_7518.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • IMG_7519.jpg
    IMG_7519.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 1,053
Believe this to be one of the ugliest buildings built in recent years. Doesn't bode well for clones like YC and Lagos.

I find the massing brutal. The mostly spandrel window wall ugly. The white blocks garish and the lighting kitschy. I prefer DNA 1. The loft building with the unfortunate private yards facing King is miles nicer than this.

I agree with those who like this building. It is definitely the most interesting building in the neighbourhood. Haven't seen it light up, but that picture a page back was pretty neat... a bit bright.

Yep, I like it too. Didn't know the new streetcars had made their way to the King route yet, either. Good to see. Wonder if there is any noticeable difference in congestion for the Liberty Village folks.

Didn't know the new streetcars had made their way to the King route yet, either. Good to see. Wonder if there is any noticeable difference in congestion for the Liberty Village folks.

They haven't made their way to King yet. Only Spadina and Harbourfront.

Back