Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 09.14.43.png
    345.6 KB · Views: 56
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 60

Boy has this one been dumbed down..........the VE'ing is extraordinary.

I don't understand why the renders show the Broadview extension w/no LRT ROW. Even if it were buses initially, surely you want the dedicated ROW from day one.

Ok, so, I think there must be something wrong w/the Arch files.
There is indeed something wrong, but it's with the AIC. For those who care about the technical details, attachments in the AIC are downloaded as JSON with the file contents embedded as a base64 encoded string. Absolute nonsense. So it's unsurprising that there'd be issues decoding over 400MB of base64 text in the browser.

I haven't had a look at it yet, but I managed to extract the file using other means, and I've uploaded it here:
<redacted> [see post below for a permanent link]

I will remove that file after 24h as it's my personal Google Drive, so grab it while it's hot.

Last edited:
There is indeed something wrong, but it's with the AIC. For those who care about the technical details, attachments in the AIC are downloaded as JSON with the file contents embedded as a base64 encoded string. Absolute nonsense. So it's unsurprising that there'd be issues decoding over 400MB of base64 text in the browser.

I haven't had a look at it yet, but I managed to extract the file using other means, and I've uploaded it here:

I will remove that file after 24h as it's my personal Google Drive, so grab it while it's hot.

Awesome work @smably; my thanks!

Initial concepts
View attachment 519152View attachment 519153

Current proposals

Dreadful downgrade, there's so much potential on this site for a high quality station (station roof, retail, easy connections to TTC/Ontario line) and we get this!?

So, since CF moved in we have seen a decline in design quality, decline in public space quality and an increase in density. And we don't even have affordable housing to go with that increase. So, who benefits and who loses here?
AoD

So, since CF moved in we have seen a decline in design quality, decline in public space quality and an increase in density. And we don't even have affordable housing to go with that increase. So, who benefits and who loses here?
AoD
And a loss of heritage and a loss of public amenity (complete street for Broadview).

They should be building Kyoto station here, not Bloomington. Total embarassment.

Makes you wonder what we can expect with the Exhibition GO project as well - if this is the kind of "quality" they aim for. Though really, is anyone surprised by this?

AoD
Exhibition has already submitted its site plan with the much more ambitious design.

This is a "downgrade" from the previous, pie-in-the-sky, never-gunna-happen renderings, but that's not a surprise. It's a bit too much of a step down I believe.. but nobody should be surprised it's a step down.

The design itself works fairly well. My one comment would be to add a continuous canopy to create a grander sense of space above the platforms, and to add some convenience retail.

Heroes + capes! Cheers.

So.... to summarize: haphazardly placed metal fins, a dingy-looking underpass, and a comically large EAST HARBOUR sign. What a disappointment.

As an aside, I found it really funny how they felt the need spam the platform canopies with "East Harbour." You'd think people have a wider field of view, no?

So.... to summarize: haphazardly placed metal fins, a dingy-looking underpass, and a comically large EAST HARBOUR sign. What a disappointment.

As an aside, I found it really funny how they felt the need spam the platform canopies with "East Harbour." You'd think people have a wider field of view, no?

But apparently that's what European inner city central stations does. Who knew?

AoD

Reactions: DSC

Back