What a strange tunnel/hallway to Nordstrom. I bet a lot of "non-Nordstrom" types will use the store to shortcut to the rest of the Mall. I wonder if the store is designed with this in mind.

Meh, people used to use Sears to shortcut the mall, too. I don't think they minded too much as it gives them a chance to sell you something.

I'm excited for Uniqlo. Not so hot on the continued butchering and generic-izing of the Eaton Centre.

ps. from Uniqlo's website. Store is slated to open September 30 at 10:30am:

PK9T04R.jpg

Last edited:
Uniqlo is scheduled to open Sep 30th, there is a poster in the south end close to Nordstrom which has the date listed. There has been some extreme heavy contractor work going on for about the past 2 weeks so they've definitely accelerated the workload.

I'm excited for Uniqlo. Not so hot on the continued butchering and generic-izing of the Eaton Centre.

ps. from Uniqlo's website. Store is slated to open September 30 at 10:30am:

PK9T04R.jpg

There was a time when the entire NE atrium of the EC was a work of art onto itself with its light and airy ambience; there were even sufficient room to hang "kites" in that space. Then gradually, one retailer (even a TD Bank at one point) after another took over that space and the media tower was built, followed by H&M's arrival etc. But evolution of urban structures and spaces is par for the course for fast developing cities.

There was a time when the entire NE atrium of the EC was a work of art onto itself with its light and airy ambience; there were even sufficient room to hang "kites" in that space. Then gradually, one retailer (even a TD Bank at one point) after another took over that space and the media tower was built, followed by H&M's arrival etc. But evolution of urban structures and spaces is par for the course for fast developing cities.

Evolution yes. Devolution? Not so much.

AoD

Anyone know what's going on on the Albert Street side closer to Queen? Looks like new steel frames on the roof and potentially newer HVAC systems?

The old trivisions added up to 90' in height, but there was a gap between them. So I'd expect the new screen to be a little shorter than those.

Back