The Yonge facade is fully enclosed. Hopefully that means they’ll start taking down that hoarding. It feels like its been up forever.
50AB871E-CF52-4FB5-A079-AE396282BE4A.jpeg

I was looking to see updated pictures for the redevelopment at the corner of Yonge and Queen. Is this the correct forum topic, I looked several pages back but can't find.

I peered through a gap in the construction doors yesterday and you can see the tables in place in the store. There seemed to be a lot of cleaning going on in the new Apple Store.

I hope that the glass opening onto this lane now, and the increased footfall here from employees that will be moving in, will help transform it into a more welcoming passage. It still needs some greenery and art though…

Replacing the concrete (lane surface) with some variation of interlock would be a great start!

Depending on if the entire passage is viewed as pedestrian, there appears to be enough room along side of the restaurant for 2-3 large trees at maturity, if they are given really good growing conditions.

That space will be extremely shady which is a bit of a challenge; but with the right assist, Basswood or Sugar Maple might just make it; or something shorter and less robust, but which can still provide green and a modest
bit of shade, Alternate-Leaf (Pagoda) Dogwood.

If vehicle clearance is still needed, something creative could be done with seating where its affixed to the walls, and its pull-down, so someone can standup, the seat retracts and there's room.

Last edited:
Replacing the concrete (lane surface) with some variation of interlock would be a great start!

Depending on if the entire passage is viewed as pedestrian, there appears to be enough room along side of the restaurant for 2-3 large trees at maturity, if they are given really good growing conditions.

That space will be extremely shady which is a bit of a challenge; but with the right assist, Basswood or Sugar Maple might just make it; or something shorter and less robust, but which can still provide green and a modest
bit of shade, Alternate-Leaf (Pagoda) Dogwood.

If vehicle clearance is still needed, something creative could be done with seating where its affixed to the walls, and its pull-down, so someone can standup, the seat retracts and there's room.
It should have lighting and security as well.

Nobody wants to be mugged just for walking down the passage with a newly purchased iPhone/Samsung Galaxy Fold/MacBook Pro/PlayStation 4 Pro/Xbox One S/Canada Goose jacket/[insert very expensive product].

Back