News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Eggspectation is closed - sign down and windows papered over.

Looks like they are relocating. From the Eggspectation website:

"New Restaurant opening in February 2014 at the Toronto downtown Bay Street corridor neighborhood.
Address: Bell Trinity Square, 483 Bay Street, South Tower, Front: Albert Street"

Looks like they are relocating. From the Eggspectation website:

"New Restaurant opening in February 2014 at the Toronto downtown Bay Street corridor neighborhood.
Address: Bell Trinity Square, 483 Bay Street, South Tower, Front: Albert Street"

Did they give a date?

No Date from what I can see.

I am not even sure where exactly they are moving too. Anybody know?

I always enjoyed going there for lunch / brunch. I am happy they are moving and not closing!

Is this right across from the Sunset Grill on Richmond? I'm glad they're not closing either. Eggspectation is a long weekend Monday brunch for my husband and me. :)

Looks like it would be across the Eaton Centre entrance at Albert & James, a bit of an odd location.

It will be sad to see Sears go since it's been around since I was born. The place was starting to get depressing though.

It will be sad to see Sears go since it's been around since I was born. The place was starting to get depressing though.

You mean the chain, right? This store itself is barely 10 years, and I'm guessing you are older than 10. :)

You mean the chain, right? This store itself is barely 10 years, and I'm guessing you are older than 10. :)

I'm talking about the department store that was formerly Eaton's. Despite the name change, it has more or less been the same since.

I'm talking about the department store that was formerly Eaton's. Despite the name change, it has more or less been the same since.

Not really. Depends what you mean "the same", I suppose. But the old Eaton's store looked much different than the current incarnation of the Sears store. In terms of size, the current Sears at 4 storeys is arguably closer in scope (but not look) to the new Nordstrom at 3 storeys than to the old 10-storey Eaton's store (9 storeys before it went bankrupt). I loved Eaton's back in the day and I am quite happy to see Sears go because it will be nice to have an actual department store back in the space.

Looks like it would be across the Eaton Centre entrance at Albert & James, a bit of an odd location.
I guess there's potential to have a large patio there (even though I don't think there's currently a restaurant here). Wasn't a huge fan, but the TEC location was certainly busy on weekends at least.

Back