If/when they redevelop the Mr. Christie's site there could be some tall buildings there so that the penthouses can see over the tall buildings south of Lakeshore.

I'm crossing my fingers like many others for that area to have a mall or a large plaza. How about a hotel as well?

A mall or plaza? Why? That's terribly un-urban isn't it?

How about a Shops at Don Mills sort of thing only with residential above the shops? Even better long term would just be a classic real neighbourhood built over time, like a modern version of Kensington Market only denser.

A mall or plaza? Why? That's terribly un-urban isn't it?

With a significant population that will arrive in the area, there will be a further demand for convenient shopping facilities. A mall can easily advertise being on that site, with the highway being so close by.

I can't see high rise condos being built there with the majority of south views being terribly obstructed. The only thing I'll miss about Mr. Christies is the delicious smell of vanilla everyday :) Other than that, move that factory away! Such a waste of fantastic real estate.

I doubt the draw of the area is the view.... The developer would go for max density here (depending on market conditions) so I see a Liberty Village-style neighbourhood developing. LV isn't about views so much as location. So let me guess about 20 towers between 40 and 80s, with shopping at the bottom and a few retail strips along Parklawn. Maybe a giant Walmart would be the anchor.

I doubt the draw of the area is the view.... So let me guess about 20 towers between 40 and 80s, with shopping at the bottom and a few retail strips along Parklawn. Maybe a giant Walmart would be the anchor.

Yeah, also add 20 more towers of the same just to the north on the Ontario Food Terminal lands (slated for development) and you will have a traffic nightmare.... Can't wait:rolleyes:

I've never heard anything about this - what's your source?

Inevitability?

Redevelopment has been rumoured for a long time hasn't it? The Christies and Food terminal properties are way too valuable to keep that way in the long term.

Whatever happens with the HBS development, hope that it works out well with a good mix of retail/services and residential. The area definitely needs more of a mix with all the buildings coming in. The new grocery stores will be a good start, but I don't want to see a Walmart/Target in the area though. A Shops at Don Mills type development would be cool though.

Back to the original topic, think the original rendering of this project looks better than the new rendering. Personal taste, which may be lacking, but I like the clean look better. That said, think that the new rendering is still better than many buildings in the area (i.e. Ocean Club, Nautilus, etc).

Happy Sunday everyone!

I've never heard anything about this - what's your source?

I lived in the HBS area for a year (2005) and many of the residents I'd meet at the gym or wherever would comment on the terminal going somewhere else (usually East GTA like Oshawa or Pickering was given as potential sites). Most of the people who told me this were long time residents, but it just their word, where they heard it from was another story, but certainly rumours about the site have been floating around for some time now. I never really seen any actually written about the terminal potentially moving, so I'm not quite sure how the rumour started.

I'd love to see it move - it's a massive chunk of land and it's an eyesore that feels totally out of place by this point. Same goes for Mr. Christie's.

Eyesores? A lot of employment is found on those two sites. So what if they look industrial?

Indeed they are eyesores. I can't wait to see them go, it's inevitable.

Public meeting for Eau du Soleil at the Polish Alliance Hall on Lakeshore and Fleeceline - Monday 26th of March at 7pm.

As it's right down the street from my house, I'm going.

Back