Aug 10
It looked odd to see footings being install for a sales office and then to see it to the east and wondering why they did it. Seeing it going to be used by someone else, it makes sense.

Evacuation is underway and where working on Sat when the signs said no work on Sat.

Only a small section on the east side has shoring as the are using the land next door to slop the land to allow the east wall to be built. It will help Jade when it come time to start their evacuation as well reduce shoring cost for both developers.
9510552433_61fda286ff_b.jpg

9513338966_ac13362550_b.jpg

9510557051_04940b1460_b.jpg

9510479083_1bbf7b47dd_b.jpg

9513227960_454a2ce570_b.jpg

9510478731_e7d0183e8b_b.jpg

Application: Temporary Structures Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M8V 1A1

Ward 6: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

Application#: 13 183887 TPS 00 TS Issued Date: Aug 14, 2013

Project: Other Certified Tents

Description: Proposed construction of a 12090 x 20000 temporary tent for the use as a sales office. Certified tent #11-167406.

"Water Tower"--Really? This is equally ridiculous branding, if not worse. Why don't we just end all of this nonsense and start calling this area South-Beach-North..?

Water Tower is the name of the second shorter tower

looks like the pictures of the work underway is not for Eau Du Soleil but rather Jade...I walked by today and they were working on Jade and not the Empire lands

All the work is behind Empire lands hording, with a small section of shoring next to Jade sale office only to the north. As noted, land on Jade is slope to deal with no shoring requirement for both sites.

If you look at the photo I posted for Aug 10 it said Water Towers on it and I just noticed it now. The Sales office was up then also.

Does anyone on here live in this area? Do you stay in the neighbourhood much? It just seems utterly dislocated from everything.

No, not even one member from here. The people who do live in that area are utterly odd.

Does anyone on here live in this area? Do you stay in the neighbourhood much? It just seems utterly dislocated from everything.

No, these are all empty condos. They were built as show, no sales necessary.

The ~15k-20k people living there are robots.

Utterly dislocated? My dear friend, you don't understand convenience until you live here.

Mimico and west is nice. I'd rather live in a bungalow or even those older apartment buildings than here. This is a bizarre strip of suburbia where everyone seems to drive ... to nowhere?

Ah yes.. Mimico and its ghetto blocks. Yes, please live in one of those apartment buildings, I promise your hipster sensibilities will move out of there in ~1 week after putting up with what those people put up with.

Yes, we drive, but that's due to how easy it is to get everywhere by car (including and especially downtown) vs taking the TTC. This is more of a failure in transit than there something being aggregately wrong with those of us who live here.

My dream is the wholesale gutting of Mimico. Probably going to happen in the next 10 years.

Back