News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Yes, I actually prefer to keep Eg Connects the way it is now with 3 lanes between Mt Pleasant and Ave. However, if this section were to be changed to match the rest of the street, I still think most of the plan would be intact.

However, I'm not making a decision purely based on the Eglinton Connects issue, and as mentioned I'm not sure if it will even be an issue. There are things Chow has said that I'm not a fan of either.

Tory often uses the "where is the money coming from" line for multiple issues, including Eglinton Connects and TTC improvements. Many times this leads people to claim that he opposes those things.

Based on hearing him speak about those issues at debates, and the way he phrases it on the website, my interpretation is that he doesn't oppose those things. It's more that he's trying to portray himself as having some fiscal conservatism and as someone who will spend taxpayer money wisely.

I think that, if the polls are right, a large swath of people do want someone who's seen as fiscally conservative and won't waste public money, including those who are fed up with the Fords.

However you want to put it, "not proceed" = not gonna happen. I don't see anything ambiguous about that.

You would make a poor politician, lawyer or negotiator. Using the word "not" in front of another one only means that you won't be doing that word, it doesn't mean you'll be doing some other thing. If he said "Cancel Eglinton Connects" it would be unambiguous, but since he didn't actually say what he would do, his true intentions are left up to interpretation. His revised statement backs this up - basically his current statement is "put Eglinton Connects on hold until it is revised to reverse reductions in road capacity, then proceed with the project" but that is really complicated for the typical uninformed swing voter he's hoping to attract.

Last edited:
Back on topic.

In my neighbourhood area of Ward 35, saw mostly councillor signs. A few chow, 1 ford.

There are two Ford signs on the public land in front of where I work. I will try and take a picture when I leave today.

Back to the signs...here's the most important one.

BzrrTrlIQAEmYYx.jpg

https://twitter.com/vgedris/status/520987436697284608

Attachments

• BzrrTrlIQAEmYYx.jpg
    BzrrTrlIQAEmYYx.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 421
Last week there were a whole bunch of signs on the south side of Lawrence Avenue, just east of Avenue Road. I took this cell phone snapshot and the next day they were all gone:

8wbTc4B.jpg

Last edited:
The two signs in front of work are gone now.

I also saw a lot of signs for Mary Fragedakis and another Greek sounding name as her challenger.

Last edited:
Sticker I saw today in the Spadina/Dupont area (not my photo -- found it online):

20141012-potd.jpg

As a Stones fan, I approve!

Attachments

• 20141012-potd.jpg
    20141012-potd.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Last week there were a whole bunch of signs on the south side of Lawrence Avenue, just east of Avenue Road. I took this cell phone snapshot and the next day they were all gone:

8wbTc4B.jpg
It is interesting that Michael Coll wants to run for city council in Ward 16. He would take advantage of the fact that the MPP of that area is Mike Colle (known on Wikipedia as Michael Colle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Colle).

If Michael Coll became city councillor, then there would be confusion with Josh Colle (who is running for re-election in the other Eglinton-Lawrence ward).

Last edited:
Who seem to be the main contenders in ward 16?

Based on the signs I see every day, I would say Adam Tanel is the front-runner, but I am also seeing a lot of signs for Charm Darby and JP Boutros

In ward 12 I have seen Ford sign (1 on my street) and Tory (my house). This is around Keele south of Lawrence. In terms of councillors it seems to be evenly divided between Di Giorgio, Nick Dominelli and John Nunziata. At times in certain areas I see more of Di Giorgio signs but others its Dominelli and then other Nunziata. I try to count as I drive by but no one councillor seems to have the edge which is why it appears to me to be evenly divided between those 3. Although since Nunziata and Di Giorgio both have red signs it gets confusing.

I do have to say I caught the debate online amongst the 4 candidates running in this Ward 12 and putting aside issues (Di Giorgio has not done much for the ward), Dominelli (his association with questionable people such as Mammoliti and debate where he really lives) and Nunziata (issues with the law), to me Di Giorgio appeared nervous, Dominelli appeared weak (nor sure if it was his look or the way he talked) but surprisingly Nunziata is the one that impressed me as he appeared confident and able to really communicate and knew how government runs. This surprised me as he did knock on my ward the prior week and I had no intention of voting for him till I saw the debate. I also liked Lekan but I have to say I was impressed with Nunziata especially when he challenged Lekan and said you could not guarantee jobs to the people who live in the ward for potential jobs that come to the area on the former Kodak Lands but Lekan kept saying those jobs had to be guaranteed to residents in the area. Perhaps Nunziata can get more things done in this Ward. Di Giorgio actually made a comment about how the people in this ward don't have the skills (high skilled) for particular jobs. I could not believe his statements. Guess we know what he thinks of the people living in this ward.

FWIW, Adam Vaughan (lives on Manning) has a Mike Layton sign up.

Mike really looks like Jack on his signs; has he aged more than I thought or have his signs been photoshopped a bit to make him look older?

Back