Looks to be that they are around 41st Floor on the East Tower now, getting close to topping off the concrete part of the project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now you can tell that the slabs are leaning or stepping out on both towers, mostly due to seeing the concrete columns on an angle, but I'm wondering once its covered by the "Dollarama Green" glass will the lean still look as good? or even very noticeable?

Last edited:
I suspect it will be totally noticeable, probably more so. Every line going up the building will curve.

I actually don't think that the green is too bad. It sort of reminds me of the colour of grass blades which I'm sure it was meant to resemble. As well, it is a sort of jade colour which I'm sure they choose to appeal to an Asian clientele.

Does anyone have any idea what happened at the Emerald Park construction site yesterday afternoon? (May 14th). Looked like all workers were sent outside, Beecroft and part of Yonge street were closed off, About 5 or more fire trucks and lots of Police were around. Never heard what it was about tho.

Does anyone have any idea what happened at the Emerald Park construction site yesterday afternoon? (May 14th). Looked like all workers were sent outside, Beecroft and part of Yonge street were closed off, About 5 or more fire trucks and lots of Police were around. Never heard what it was about tho.

There was a small fire (I believe). At least that's what the Toronto Fire (unofficial) twitter account said.

Last edited:
I was here earlier and I have to say that this, Hullmark, and the low-rise storefronts on the NW corner have really improved how this intersection feels already.

There was a gas leak and an Enbridge van came on site. The whole area smelled of natural gas for a few hours. There may have also been a fire as I do remember seeing the firefighters carrying a long hose into the building.

The police closed the southbound lanes of Yonge and all of Pontyz south of Sheppard. Traffic going south on Yonge was a mess for a few hours as a result.

Last edited:
Last evening:
IMG_0968 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0968 (2).jpg
    IMG_0968 (2).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 733
Wow, the outward curve is looking great. I wasn't sure that it would be obvious, but it is.

You can now see both Emerald City & Hullmark from Mt Pleasant just south of Lawrence where the road is on a hill.

Back