It should address Eglinton...even if it's a wide arterial. At least make some sort of respectable contrivution and relatiobship to the road.

Playing catch-up with some of the images I took earlier in the week.
Monday:
DJI_0820.JPG

DJI_0825.JPG
DJI_0836.JPG

Just wanted to say thanks for your drone shots of Erin Mills, bangkok. I didn't think we'd ever get to see it from the sky again.

Thanks ericmacm. These are the first shots from the new one that arrived the other day.

No photos since I was driving by but I can confirm that both cranes have been removed within the last day or two. I'll try to add this location to tomorrow's flight plan for a photo update.

When I first saw the design for these condos I liked it. But after seeing them basically completed, they are a bit disappointing.

Pemberton did both these condos, as well as the Mills Square condos right next door. And while they may be SLIGHTLY different in the way they look, they look basically the same... I know there is variation, but at a glance, it looks like there are now 6 of the same condos built right after each other on a row facing Eglinton.

And then when you compare them with the skyrise buildings beside the Arc by Daniels, they again still look fairly similar. Different, but similar. The facade may be different but the colour palette isn't really... the older buildings across the Loblaws and the Bay at least have more character than these Pemberton built buildings.

And I think the buildings are fine on their own, but just in relation to the rest of what has been built on that stretch of Eglinton, bleh.

The public sphere inside the Arc's grounds does gain something from the building of these, however. At certain viewpoints there, it actually feels urban, surrounded by buildings.

architecturally they are bland, if not bad, but the site-plan is probably the worst in the GTA in over a decade. Just insanely suburban and pedestrian-hostile.

Back