UT - (clay) Tablet edition (available in Cuneiform, Semitic alphabet and Hieroglyphics):

The supertall Ziggurat of Bloor tops out - shadowing at the Hanging Gardens of Urville remains a concern. Local merchants hoping the Hašhur flagship store at the ground floor of the Ziggurat will draw worshippers by the thousands.

Local critics bemoan tint of glazed bricks (blue and green) - appealing to Ishtar for divine intervention.

In distant Kemet - Starchitect Imhotep present latest plan to Pharaoh Djoser - renderings show a bent pyramid clad in stone.

AoD

Last edited:
UT - (clay) Tablet edition (available in Cuneiform, Semitic alphabet and Hieroglyphics):

The supertall Ziggurat of Bloor tops out - shadowing at the Hanging Gardens of Urville remains a concern. Local merchants hoping the Hašhur flagship store at the ground floor of the Ziggurat will draw worshippers by the thousands.

Local critics bemoan tint of glazed bricks (blue and green) - appealing to Ishtar for divine intervention.

In distant Kemet - Starchitect Imhotep present latest plan to Pharaoh Djoser - renderings show a bent pyramid clad in stone.

AoD
Can't wait for the sequel to the Epic of Gilgamesh for the Clay Tablet edition of UT!

I want to know what transit plans Gilgamesh would come up with.

Having one video game company dictate how the games would be played would not be a sustainable model. The e-sports scene for that particular game can be cancelled completely under the whims of a single video game company to the chagrin of the game's fans:
The best model for this e-sports venue would be to be flexible to whatever games grow and shrink in popularity.

The teams, games, and e-sports leagues may change from year to year, but the need to provide a venue for fans of e-sports generally, won't. Or at least that is the bet the proponents of this venue are making.

The best model for this e-sports venue would be to be flexible to whatever games grow and shrink in popularity.

The teams, games, and e-sports leagues may change from year to year, but the need to provide a venue for fans of e-sports generally, won't. Or at least that is the bet the proponents of this venue are making.
Given that esports involves people sitting at computers, it is pretty easy to make a venue flex to any kind of esports. Maybe if they were to start doing competitive VR games the configuration would be different, but that is a ways off I think.

There's room to develop along Lake Shore. Build as close to the property line as possible and in the future, when Lake Shore is lined with towers, urbanize the street by eliminating 2 lanes of traffic, going down from 6 to 4 and widen the sidewalks.

The CNE only needs a narrow corridor along Princes' Blvd. to host the outdoor portion of the fair. Food and game carts and most of the rides are already lined up along the streets. All these new buildings will in fact augment the fair. Think of the events The Ex can host inside of this new digital pavilion.
Aren't the lanes need for the Indy? Or has that been cancelled? I forget

Aren't the lanes need for the Indy? Or has that been cancelled? I forget
2020 was cancelled, 2021 is supposedly still on for now but I would guess doubtful. If you mean long term, I would think it will continue as long as someone (now Honda, before that Molson) is willing to keep paying for it.

That said, if this project for the second hotel and entertainment venue actually gets built, it would occupy some of the outdoor space used to stage the event. And the overall vision for Exhibition/Ontario Place from Kilmer, MLSE, Live Nation, etc., with the possible expansion of the trade centre and building on top of the big parking lot, looks like it would probably not leave enough space for the Indy race to continue as it has. Trying to move it to somewhere in the suburbs or way out to Mosport would probably kill off whatever enthusiasm remains to keep it going. I don't think there's anywhere else in the city where there would be enough space for it, other than maybe if they could work out an arrangement to use Downsview Airport or the Island Airport for one weekend each summer (Cleveland and Edmonton used airports when they had their races), although I don't know how practical that idea would be, and I've never heard anyone mention the possibility.

Last edited:
So the DRP said this thing looks like "an object that's landed" - I'm not making any comparisons here but I'm wondering what they would have thought of the TD Centre...

This is why we can't have nice things in this city. God forbid something is a bit more unique or out of the ordinary. Wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get a convention centre-like box here.

And here's the UT write up about this in case anyone missed it...

...I guess the stadium portion wasn't glass box enough. /sigh

Last edited:

Back