expo6.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,428
  • expo7.JPG
    expo7.JPG
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 1,521
  • expo8.JPG
    expo8.JPG
    773.9 KB · Views: 1,401
far too much distance from the sidewalk there. These suburban arterials are already so wide, they need to skinny up the width of the sidewalks a bit. having 5 meter lot line setbacks simply doesn't work.

I'm not sure, but I believe they may be widening the road to create viva rapidways here.

I think the set back is right. The bigger the roadthe farther it should be back. Cars drive here like it is the 407

There is a pit directly adjacent to this development, on the north side. Anyone know what it's for?

22659248429_b5c2c4db9b_h.jpg

It is not a matter of being cheap, it is simple mathematics in sensible municipal finance.

No government in their right mind would fund excessive costs such as these just to bury hydro lines, unless they want to be SIGNIFICANTLY raising property taxes or applying special property tax assessments, but one can imagine the citizen unrest that would create :rolleyes:

Don't take me wrong, I would love to see hydro lines buried too as a Planner in Urban Design, but unfortunately the reality sets in

It is not a matter of being cheap, it is simple mathematics in sensible municipal finance.

No government in their right mind would fund excessive costs such as these just to bury hydro lines, unless they want to be SIGNIFICANTLY raising property taxes or applying special property tax assessments, but one can imagine the citizen unrest that would create :rolleyes:

Don't take me wrong, I would love to see hydro lines buried too as a Planner in Urban Design, but unfortunately the reality sets in

Yeah right. I wonder why many places around the world are able to do it without citizen revolts.

They were likely buried at the onset. It should have been done here but, it wasn't. Rapid growth isn't an excuse but, is a cause for these type of decisions. Zoning in this case mainly industrial may have been another Anyways, different story to decide to bury existing infrastructure.

Back