Caltrane's photos today make me realize how totally appropriate BJL's Theatre Park proposal is for the location. It just needs to be pulled to the sidwalk, as there's no reason for open space when the park across the street is available.

^^^ na, disagree with that... the open square makes a great entryway space!

by my count the construction here looks to be on the last floor, so ya - mechanical box soon to follow.

From McCaul & College

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

pic by miketoronto over at SSP......

4460624501_77fd9bedc5_b.jpg

Great shot. Makes you ponder about the opportunities lost on all these rooftops. Plus it looks like Hotel le Germain on Mercer street has a bit of greenery happening on its rooftop. Either that or its painted green.

RM

Great angle! ^^^ It looks like we're done pouring floors! Now on to the mechanical! PS: Why is there a huge green section int he middle of the tower?

Also posted in other threads:

Toronto Pano with Lightbox peaking out:

4471394972_e36b24dc5c_b.jpg

Click here for the high-res, extra large version

Thanks for the pano! That shot really shows how bare the area was before MLS, Telus, RBC, and the Ritz came in!

That is not balcony glass, it is a green mesh/construction material. It is very common to see skeletal buildings under construction in Hong Kong or else where in Asia covered in these green muscle shirts.

Well that's interesting. I wonder why they've started using that all of a sudden? Either way, I'm glad that's not glass haha.

It's a safety screen for the workers installing the balcony glass.

Well that's interesting. I wonder why they've started using that all of a sudden? Either way, I'm glad that's not glass haha.

I knew what this was right from the start but khristopher has a point... Why start now? Is falling to your death while installing balcony glass more painful from the 23rd floor than it is from the 18th floor? Or the chance of falling to your death while installing balcony glass goes up the higher you get? Neither of those reasons make sense and I haven't been able to think of another.

Last edited:

Back