Taken earlier this evening...

4480494614_7c021b4839_o.jpg

-
upclose view:

4479846107_0d1b478e01_o.jpg

Why start now? Is falling to your death while installing balcony glass more painful from the 23rd floor than it is from the 18th floor? Or the chance of falling to your death while installing balcony glass goes up the higher you get? Neither of those reasons make sense and I haven't been able to think of another.
More likely they now have people working below them who can't be protected by a scaffold-type covered area and the green fabric is to prevent tools falling them. It is MUCH more common for 'stuff' to fall then people.

March 31 2010 update

Southeast / Southwest / Northwest Elevations
Click to Enlarge

The balcony cladding is looking really awesome! Thanks for the pics! This tower actually looks huge (big) from up close! It looks a little chunky depending on where you're standing but it definitely doesn't take anything away from the building :D

Yes, I'm psychic.:) Clever urbandreamer has taken a famous Ford Motor Company tagline and applied it to the Rob Ford campaign. Rob Ford loves cars, thought it was appropriate. I'm leaning more towards S Thompson, but I think Rob is interesting, refreshingly different.

Any sense of sophistication the balconies project is almost completely muted by the windows. Too bad they weren't matched. The balconies are nice, but overall it looks like they just dropped a standard condo tower onto the Lightbox.

Any sense of sophistication the balconies project is almost completely muted by the windows. Too bad they weren't matched. The balconies are nice, but overall it looks like they just dropped a standard condo tower onto the Lightbox.

Why'd you expect any better really?
This resembles the initial rendering quite closely actually.

Back