Those renderpeople, always drinking, yacking on the phone or walking aound the renderbuilding and obscuring the details.

I like the podium, as well. I only wish they could do the top of the building with the exaggerated perspective presented in the first image. Everyone could then get a little dizzy looking up.

The base is great but I would have to agree with the tower being very disappointing. I wish they continued some of the design of the base into the tower such as the seemless glass facade on the base. The aluminum trim on the condo window will only clash against the seemless, polished glass base.

The idea, presumably, was to use different materials to represent the different purposes of the two parts of this development: condo/film centre.

I like, very nice.

I wish the Tower could have been taller. Other than that no complaints with this project at all. Can't wait for the emergence of a second Yorkville Type area in Toronto.

I like, very nice.

I wish the Tower could have been taller. Other than that no complaints with this project at all. Can't wait for the emergence of a second Yorkville Type area in Toronto.

There can only be one, true Yorkville! Even with that, Toronto is not nearly large or rich enough to warrant two Chanels or another downtown Holt's. However, I can see these high end hotels and apartments in the area being a boon to Yorkville - as those people that go into them won't find it difficult to sit in their chauffeured Rolls Royce to go for a bit of shopping in the Yorkville area.

Fair enough, but imagine if you were to set up even a semi upscale store in this area.

You would make crazy crazy cash!! -

So in the end, I do see higher end retailers moving here to Cater to these affluent peeps. ( Maybe not the Rodeo Drive type retailers like on Bloor , but something will happen for sure)

Fair enough, but imagine if you were to set up even a semi upscale store in this area.

You would make crazy crazy cash!! -

So in the end, I do see higher end retailers moving here to Cater to these affluent peeps. ( Maybe not the Rodeo Drive type retailers like on Bloor , but something will happen for sure)

not only upscale retailers but more up scale restaurants aswell!

not only upscale retailers but more up scale restaurants aswell!

Indeed, higher end retailers for sure - but the creme de la creme like on Bloor - not very likely. Maybe we might get another Vuitton (only for accessories and purses though and not for the whole ready to wear such as the Bloor flagship) and possibly a few local designers. Louis Vuitton expands quite aggressively so in the end they might have another location. And yes, higher end restaurants will FLOCK to the area. As if there's not enough already - there will be more!

Cinematheque and various other film festivals will use the film centre off season along with special presentations so once the centre opens I see the area transforming to cater to the needs of the film-going folk who will keep the film centre hopping. It will be an exciting transformation of the neighbourhood. I don't see Holts King Street in the future but sustainable restaurants, coffee shops and meeting places along with neighbourhood stores to support the condo residents and area hotels.

I could easily eventually see the King Street West area opening up a few high end boutiques. Something like Soho is to 5th Avenue. Maybe stores down on king would be a bit more specialized or for special collections.

The building looks nice....but.....it's just too similar to Ritz, RBC and Bay/Adelaide buildings...

Back