by me

sany1605.jpg

sany1604.jpg

The new streetwall is impressive. I wasn't sure if the massive podium would work with the small, quaint restaurants across the street, but the contrast creates an interesting effect. It's also cool how the Hyatt matches next door.

Yeah.... agreed, this is a MASSIVE Podium!... truly epic with all the glass!

I see know how busy the street is and congested!!!... So many parked cars on the street and the street itself is very narrow!... seems to tight for such a huge podium!.. bad traffic :(

I must be in the minority here... but I really don't like this building. I guess it's the tower that I really don't like....Perhaps it will look better once it's done.

I agree, there is nothing remarkable about the tower at all - infact its a rather ugly design. And it doesnt seem to play off the podium either, but rather is just a run of the mill green glass box tacked on top.

does anyone know how many floors are remaing to top off?

By looking at the provided photos, there are either nine or possibly ten floors left to go (not including the mechanical box up top).

The tower is certainly not the most striking piece of architecture so far, but it's also not finished.

For me, this is like the Maple Leaf Square Development - I like the podium but not the towers (I don't hate the towers either). It's too bad the tower on this one so far looks "run-of-the-mill". The saving grace (hopefully) could be the green glass balcony walls (they're on one floor so far)...that should help a bit..

As well, I know this is off-topic, but does anyone know why the Hyatt beside this building has grey cladding on the main floor with the area around Score being black (which looks nice) while the rest of the building is still white? I don't really like this grey & white combination...is there a long-term plan to eventually renovate the exterior and excluding Score, have it be a consistent color (I think they are renovating the interior).

Thanks.....

Who likes black buildings? I'd make the Hyatt the same silvery blue colour of it's windows. And I also don't see the point of all the black on the Lightbox podium.

Who likes black buildings? I'd make the Hyatt the same silvery blue colour of it's windows. And I also don't see the point of all the black on the Lightbox podium.

I don't think it's about like or dislike....the colour black and it's formality demands respect and represents a position of power. I think it adds to the robustness of the podium and emphasizes a certain style and class that the "Hollywood Elite" have become accustomed to. I can just picture this building at night, lit up, hosting film festivals with it's flare and glamour....hopefully it comes out the way I expect it to. As far as the tower is concerned it's mundaneness will not matter much and actually emphasizes and is a nice compliment to the striking podium. I think if the tower was anything else than it is, the building as a whole may have been a bit too "over the top" even for Hollywood...

The tower looks very average right now. My only source of optimism is the roof element that was featured in the renders...based on what I saw there, there should be a large glass box on top which might be quite striking. That said, I've been let down by renders before and am trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Back