which begs the question: what is the world's tallest red brick building? there might have been a record breaking opportunity missed here! :rolleyes:

According to Wikipedia, the Chrysler building holds the record of the tallest brick (though not red) building, at 1046 feet to its spire (It is brick over a steel frame). I was sure it must be the Empire State Building. I`ll have to do further research. The tallest ALL masonry structure (at 548 feet) is the Philadelphia City Hall.

Last edited:
Talked to a worker today and he said they were up there trying to deal with the sign. He mentioned that normally there are 2 crews working on the platform but because of the sign there were 5 crews up there today.

fcpsign.jpg

I wonder what they mean by "trying to deal with the sign"?

You can really see the colour difference in your photo. On the left it has that green hue to it, and on the right it's bright white.

yes indeed! ^^^ that circular "pepsi-like" ball ^^^ it looks very red (which is good!)

I wish they'd put up this:
pepsi.jpg

Now way Steveve! Before you were born, the communication ring on the CN Tower had a giant Pepsi sign on it for months. Then after the ad campaign was over and they removed the sign ,it took off the paint on the inflatable dome and you could see the remnants for years afterward. It looked awful.

And BTW that South side red BMO sing was visible days ago in the first pictures of the new cladding. Just look back. It's the West one that is still missing. As I mentioned earlier, it's probably because the service elevators are right there and they don't want to damage the Plexiglas sign while they are still loading and unloading cladding materials.

Last edited:
haha ^^^.:D
I think the former BMO logo atop FCP was the worst in the CBD (just because it was SO OLD and faded). i'm sure this new logo will put FCP back on the map!.

Actually the last BMO logo wasn't that old. Went up within the last ten years. I guess that's a long time for you but not for some of us.

haha! yes, that was a VERY long time for me :). but it seems like the logo didn't last long :(.

isn't the owner of FCP pissed off that they had to go through all this re-clad business (which costs millions of dollars) in the first place?. because had they known this was going to happen, i'm sure they would have used different exterior materials to save themselves the trouble. (this goes for all marble-era towers like Aon Centre).

The logo never looked quite right since they replaced it about tens years ago (less than ten years, even). They had to replace marble for it to fit, and pre-stain it to make it match the old stuff.

The classic logo was better, in my opinion.

toronto11.jpg

^^^ I agree 100%.
Never like the red circle, or the red for that matter.

The sign in the rendering looks disappointing. It looks very flat and cheap.

Back