Number one on the list?

YongeStreet1.jpg

uugghhh i wouldn't want that thing reclad, its not even worth the money...i say blow it skyhigh and give out free popcorn for people who want to watch!

:D

If they can demolish the old four seasons, WHY NOT DEMOLISH THIS! (toronto star tower)

Build an epic newspaper company tower.. aka, New York times tower in new york!

timesre.gif

If they can demolish the old four seasons, WHY NOT DEMOLISH THIS! (toronto star tower)

timesre.gif

Given the state of the newspaper business, I don't think you're going to see that any time soon in Toronto.

What ever happened to that tower being transformed/re-clad ^^^ (2bloor i think is the address). Weren't they gonna re-clad it/make it residential as part of the cumberland terrace redevelopment? (or was it separate?)
That tower is very nasty! (i've always wondered what those bare concrete floors were in the middle... is it mechanical???)

I presume the reclad plans are still in the works. And as for the midsection--yes, that's mechanical.

As for the Star building; if it weren't for it being located where it is and what's become of the location over the last four decades, I doubt it would merit such vitriol--it's basically dawn-of-the-70s cleancut concrete corporate modern. Were it located out in Don Mills or something where it didn't, uh, "insult" the waterfront/skyline/foot-of-Yonge, it'd probably even be appreciated and embraced these days...

i hope someone is doing a timelapse!

fantastic pics Cal! Ritz adds so much interest to the skyline!

as for the white look, it seems to be depend on the lighting and time of day and even camera settings.

maybe the contractor is doing a timelaspe. That would be nice to watch. Don't think anyone on this site had the forsight to do that though.

You could always start now, it's pretty close to the top...

I agree, seeing as the Star is the largest newspaper in Canada, I think it deserves a building that makes it look like it is..

Back