The back of the Yonge buildings are interesting, but not lovely. The backsides of buildings viewed from The Opera Place lands, or through the portal at the MET condos are hard to love, as they were never really meant to be seen.

The back of the Yonge buildings are interesting, but not lovely. The backsides of buildings viewed from The Opera Place lands, or through the portal at the MET condos are hard to love, as they were never really meant to be seen.

True, but remember that they'll be seen in the context of framing the proposed second-storey roof garden separating the Yonge buildings from the main tower and podium. They also give solidity and architectural integrity to the Yonge buildings, instead of reducing them to facades:

5TerracesFromS.jpg

StJoseph_StreetSE_ViewD01_HR05-1.jpg

Oh, I realize the Yonge buildings that are part of this project will be nicely integrated into the design. It is the buildings that are not part of the project that will look odd in juxtaposition to the podium. Thanks for posting the render again though - it looks as though people sitting on the terrace will be higher than the Yonge buildings, and so won't be peering directly into fire escape windows and trash bins.

Oh, I realize the Yonge buildings that are part of this project will be nicely integrated into the design. It is the buildings that are not part of the project that will look odd in juxtaposition to the podium. Thanks for posting the render again though - it looks as though people sitting on the terrace will be higher than the Yonge buildings, and so won't be peering directly into fire escape windows and trash bins.

The only thing missing will be the clothelines. All part of downtown living.....

tenementsriisthompson1895.jpg

Last edited:
I went into the sales office on Saturday and the lady told me they have sold 420 of 500 units. About 80 left. Things are looking good!

Were either of you still there around 2:45? I thought I saw someone taking pictures and I was going to ask if they were a UTer.

Wow that can't be cheap.

And sorry if this has been answered back somewhere in this thread, but what do they plan on doing with the bricked up windows and doors on the first floor? Surely they won't leave them like that.

Boy this that over kill and you would think you are holding up a 20 story building.

Don't forget there's going to be excavation for a 5-level underground garage on the other side of that facade once the rest of the building comes down.

Last edited:

Back