Thanks! I actually live at 11 St. Joes... and was wondering what was going on with it... The project up the street, Nicholas (?) was completely demolished so was figuring they were just gonna rip this all up and redo it like that project. Keeping the facade is lots of work. Would have been cool to see a wrecking ball crush it down (do they use those?). Everyday they close off a portion of the street and every evening they opening it up again...

A few updates from St. Joseph, Phipps & St. Nicholas Sts.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics... Its neat that Murano north tower is in the backdrop with wood panels covering up the fallen glass.

A few updates from St. Joseph, Phipps & St. Nicholas Sts.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I'm betting Urban Shocker can help me out on my memory here.....did the building demolished in this picture used to house "Katrina's" disco back in the 70's/80's?

The building that remains standing on the right hand side in the first photo used to be Katrina's/Colby's/Club Colby's. There was also a club back on Phipps St. too on & off through the 70's/80's/90's.

Pic taken July 28, 2011

4elVO.jpg

Dont get it... so much heritage being destroyed and not much controversy by the buffs...i guess just keeping the facade or even half of old structures is good enough now-a-days.

awsome render..... although.... im thinking the real complete building will fall short of old looking

Back