I can hardly feel sorry for the Core Condo residents and their lost views, considering that Core Condos is itself blocking the west face of the condo building at 76 Shuter.

yep, the "view" is NOT for them to keep any way, and in purchasing a condo next to a parking lot downtown one should automatically assume it would become a 40s condo, right?

The only way to guarantee a great view is to buy a unit over 50s nowadays.

People need to do their due diligence and consider the possibility that a new tower could be build next door, before buying their condo for the views.

People need to do their due diligence and consider the possibility that a new tower could be build next door, before buying their condo for the views.

in today's downtown market, any parking lot WILL become a 40+ tower, not "could".

Depends on your definition of "downtown".

Between DVP and Bathurst south of Bloor (or Davenport) according to official definition of course.

I don't know why some people consider anything in the old city of Toronto and even East York downtown. I am often confused by all those dubious "downtowns" in the news. For example, when they say downtown vs suburbs, they often means central Toronto vs. Scarb/North York etc. Bayview/Eglinton is not downtown. Riverdale is not downtown. Forest Hill is downtown. They never were.

Between DVP and Bathurst south of Bloor (or Davenport) according to official definition of course.

OK, but looking at the land-use map in the OP, it's quite clear that there are a lot of areas within these boundaries (Neighbourhood designation, Regeneration areas such as King-Spadina west of Spadina, most of East Bayfront) which will never become 40-storey buildings (at least not under the current planning regime). Increased standards preventing shadowing on parkland will also reduce the development potential of many sites in the core.

downtown east is on fire! Guess all the central and west side land is not easy to get any more.
What I want next: Dundas/church lot (SW, as SE is sold), Church/Queen and Jarvis/Queen.

I really want that auto place at Jarvis and Richmond on the north west side to be developed. I feel like it really drags the surrounding area down. Queen and Jarvis on the northwest side would also make a huge impact

9B826B24-5155-44D3-9929-5C527C000A58.png

Last edited:

Back