Thanks Solaris....well, I guess I won't be buying the East suite that was offered to me.

I'm in front of Fly right mow. What a zoo!!! Let's party like its 2006. TSX above 10000 and everything is right in the world again!

well, we all know how that ended up ... :eek:

On a side note, I was out the other day and bumped into an acquaintance who was with their realtor. They were talking about the market (of course). This realtor has almost 3 decades experience, and according to them the current frothy buzz about all this activity is noise for the public and will see a -20% correction by end of next year.

allow me to roll my eyes at that prediction

i also overheard this guy wearing a tinfoil hat saying that ~20% of the world population would be dead by the end of next year from swine flu.

moral of these two predictions? lets all panic!

Agreed...many of these "doom and gloom" predictions just make me laugh. I'll give anybody 10:1 odds that there will NOT be a "20% correction" by the end of next year, any takers? :)

Agreed...many of these "doom and gloom" predictions just make me laugh. I'll give anybody 10:1 odds that there will NOT be a "20% correction" by the end of next year, any takers? :)

Well here is an article from todays National Post.

"Buyers have to be cognizant of the fact that the fundamentals are not as weak as they are in the United States," says Mr. Gauthier. "Inventories are not in the same massive pileup and so they shouldn't [expect] prices are going to go down 20%, 30%, 40% ... It's really a market where one can be patient and look at the real fundamentals of location, quality and amenities and so on rather than simply thinking about the investment side of it."
http://www.nationalpost.com/homes/story.html?id=1580260

We will always have Chicken Little types who get some kind of weird satisfaction from running around predicting that the sky will shortly be falling. I'm not enough of a psychologist to figure out why they find this so necessary.

Went to Fly Sales Office.

It was a zoo in there. A lot of the smaller suites are already sold out. I'm really not impressed with the floorplans. To tell you the truth, they are horrible IMO. Out of maybe 20 odd floorplans...3 of them are decent. My mother was looking at a 496sqft unit for investment purposes...the living room is 9 ft wide including the kitchen cabinets...so make that 7.5 ft wide... and you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. So weird.

I guess the one positive is undermount sink is standard in the kitchen. Really dissapointed with this one.

SMH @ parking being 40K + GST.

Went to Fly Sales Office.

It was a zoo in there. A lot of the smaller suites are already sold out. I'm really not impressed with the floorplans. To tell you the truth, they are horrible IMO. Out of maybe 20 odd floorplans...3 of them are decent. My mother was looking at a 496sqft unit for investment purposes...the living room is 9 ft wide including the kitchen cabinets...so make that 7.5 ft wide... and you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. So weird.

I guess the one positive is undermount sink is standard in the kitchen. Really dissapointed with this one.

SMH @ parking being 40K + GST.

That doesn't sound like this project is going to be a positive contribution, at least interior wise, to the condo inventory.

BTW, kitchen base cabinets are 2 ft deep, so the LR is actually narrower at 7 ft.

Was the model suite finishes 'standard' or upgrades?
The preliminary buzz was that the features and finishes have been lowered/discontented.

What a dramatic difference in terms of building quality that section of Front Street will be. You've got FLY with the cheap interiors and sub-standard finishes at $300/sf (?). Then you've got 300 Front with their supposedly high standards and high $600/sf (?). Would that bring down 300 Front or bring up FLY? I know it's two different developments, and it may be independent, but I think there's more or less some collateral impact.

What a dramatic difference in terms of building quality that section of Front Street will be. You've got FLY with the cheap interiors and sub-standard finishes at $300/sf (?). Then you've got 300 Front with their supposedly high standards and high $600/sf (?). Would that bring down 300 Front or bring up FLY? I know it's two different developments, and it may be independent, but I think there's more or less some collateral impact.

Fly is not selling at $300/sf....they are selling at $400/sf or low $400s for some floorplans.

I went back 4 pages, and didn't find the answer I was looking for. Was just wondering if this has gone through a re-design for it's re-launch? It looks different in the renders, but the view the renders are showing is also different. Figured I would ask.

I think it went through a cosmetic change. The outside looks different compared to the original design. I think the layouts have also been cut into smaller pieces for low price sales. The floor plans are not very good IMO. Only 2-3 are decent.

July 2008 version
Fly.jpg

September 2008 version

Fly20.jpg

May 2009 version

fly2.jpg

I didn't see this posted, but their pricelist is available on their website:
http://www.flycondos.com/flash/assets/pdfs/pricelist.pdf

Last edited:

Back