So 92 floors, how do you make elevators workable in such a tall, skinny tower? Have occupants make reservations?

I would like to think 8 elevators but more likely 6

Maybe double decker cars like Scotia Tower?

10 elevators are planned for the 92-storey tower, while 8 elevators are planned for the 82-storey one.

Thanks

Just shy of that 1000 ft mark

Why are people so obsessed with using feet? We are in Canada.

Countries which don't use the metric system - US, Liberia and Myanmar. Are we in any of these three countries?

Countries which don't use the metric system - US, Liberia and Myanmar. Are we in any of these three countries?

As is with Canada's Americanised English habits, Canadians also use American math. For example, I wouldn't describe certain body parts in centimetres.

But I agree with your sentiment. I choose metric, mostly.

Most canadians from my experience use Imperial for only a few forms of measurement. Square footage, personal height and weight, water temperature, fuel efficiency, and television screen size.

Most canadians from my experience use Imperial for only a few forms of measurement. Square footage, personal height and weight, water temperature, fuel efficiency, and television screen size.

And even though height is generally described in metres, 1000ft is a major transition point in imperial measurement, which is why it has "magic number" meaning to skyscraper geeks.

And even though height is generally described in metres, 1000ft is a major transition point in imperial measurement, which is why it has "magic number" meaning to skyscraper geeks.

I prefer Imperial because the units of measurement are human in scale and not totally disconnected with physical experience.
1 inch = thumb width
1 foot = a male foot
1 yard = 1 stride
1 pound = ?
1 second = roughly equal to a resting heart beat (not imperial but, again, that link)

I am in the design and construction industry and most of it is still imperial.

Certain industries reliant on US supply chains and communication use imperial still, which includes rail industry and construction. Construction is the biggest pain, a 2x4 isn't actually 2"x4", it's something like 1.75"x3.5".

Anyway, what is the next step for this project? Sales and marketing?

Canada never fully converted. The idea of converting was a Liberal/Trudeau idea implemented in the 70's. Conservatives oppose change by nature, which is why the Mulroney era gov't stalled it in the mid 80's, and the whole official metrication was abolished, and in some cases, reversed, leaving us with a hodge-podge of both.

Certain industries reliant on US supply chains and communication use imperial still, which includes rail industry and construction. Construction is the biggest pain, a 2x4 isn't actually 2"x4", it's something like 1.75"x3.5".

Anyway, what is the next step for this project? Sales and marketing?

I used to work in a factory. 90% of the parts we made was for American companies, so everything had to be in imperial.

And yes.... i was hoping for some big news on sales or something, i click on this thread and people are talking about this nonsense.

Because we never fully converted, unlike Australia. We are basically like Britain. We use both systems and sometimes badly.

Back