WOW!!!!!!
Has anyone seen this one yet?

mirvish-gehry-podium-public-realm-rendering.jpg

Attachments

• mirvish-gehry-podium-public-realm-rendering.jpg
    mirvish-gehry-podium-public-realm-rendering.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 1,627
Also, in these new models, where did the Art Gallery box go?
mirvish-gehry-view-from-north.jpg
mirvish-gehry-view-from-northwest.jpg

Attachments

• mirvish-gehry-view-from-north.jpg
    mirvish-gehry-view-from-north.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,668
  • mirvish-gehry-view-from-northwest.jpg
    mirvish-gehry-view-from-northwest.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,692
Also, in these new models, where did the Art Gallery box go?

Those views must be from the north looking south (taller western tower to the right), so wouldn't the Art Gallery be the rooftop box to the right of the taller tower? Or is that a pre-existing structure?

Last edited:
That looks like clinker brick--a material that will make any facade look more interesting.

Never heard of that material before - learn something new everyday.

verticalvillage:

Very nice! Thanks - the east tower looks different from the metal clad versions...this cladding (precast? brick?) got texture. Don't expect the Mirvish Gallery addition to show up in these plans - it's not really part of the mixed use project anyways, and the client might very well not want to reveal his plans until it is ready.

AoD

Last edited:
Those views must be from the north looking south (taller western tower to the right), so wouldn't the Art Gallery be the rooftop box to the right of the taller tower?

In the initial model of the new scheme the gallery was a little glass box on the roof of the warehouse on the west end of the block. Maybe the city wanted them to move it, which I'd prefer to be honest. It would be much more at home in the little box on the podium of the west tower.

This project doesn't have a gallery.

The previous project the geniuses at City Hall rejected had an awesome gallery as part of the Cloud Podium.

No it's still there. Check the website.
http://mirvishandgehrytoronto.com/project/#

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any proposals before the city for any alterations to 322 King Street West as part of the current proposal.

And whatever that added 9,000 sqft floor thing is, it pales in comparison to the 60,000 sqft purpose-built colour field gallery that Mirvish had planned for the Cloud Garden of the previous city-rejected proposal.

This is Toronto...we prefer builders give us another Shoppers Drug Mart & Home Sense

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any proposals before the city for any alterations to 322 King Street West as part of the current proposal.

And whatever that added 9,000 sqft floor thing is, it pales in comparison to the 60,000 sqft purpose-built colour field gallery that Mirvish had planned for the Cloud Garden of the previous city-rejected proposal.

This is Toronto...we prefer builders give us another Shoppers Drug Mart & Home Sense

Your comments are nonsensical ... the original dispute from the city was due to the demolition of heritage buildings and density concerns, it was not at all related to the art gallery space ... Mirvish can easily find the space to add whatever size gallery he wants ... and the city stipulates almost nothing in terms of what sort of retail should occupy a development .. that's driven by the market (predominantly the rental rate).

Your comments are nonsensical ... the original dispute from the city was due to the demolition of heritage buildings and density concerns, it was not at all related to the art gallery space

And your comments reveal your lack of reading comprehension. I never said the city rejected the gallery. But by forcing the reduction of the scope of the project, they in fact removed the source of funding for the gallery. At the same time, they allow other heritage building to be demolished and approve similar height/density buildings.

Mirvish can easily find the space to add whatever size gallery he wants

I love how cavalier you are with other people's $millions. ha ha ha

Those images look incredible! I love the overhang over the existing structures...

Thanks to our small town chief planner, they're going to move 3000+ people into the area without expanding the sidewalks on King, but at least we have Tim Hortons!

Back