It's not "pity tourism-" what a ridiculous concept. People come here from elsewhere because they truly want to, because Canada has a pretty decent reputation in the world and has many attractions, not least of which is an increasingly vibrant urban experience. The very notion that the only thing we have going for us is a low dollar strikes me as a nihilistic, self-loathing rationale.

It's not "pity tourism-" what a ridiculous concept. People come here from elsewhere because they truly want to, because Canada has a pretty decent reputation in the world and has many attractions, not least of which is an increasingly vibrant urban experience. The very notion that the only thing we have going for us is a low dollar strikes me as a nihilistic, self-loathing rationale.

Agreed.

The American media are a**holes. They revelled in saying how cold it was. What they didn't acknowledge was the freezing weather across the eastern US. Lots of Americans can't stand the fact that the all-star game and sports in general are played in Canada

I was watching Bob McGowan on Sportsnet the night it was happening, and the guest was saying the same event last year in New York was the coldest All Star Game he was ever at. It was colder than the game in Toronto.
Nobody complained. It is what it is. It's all indoors anyway. The American media are biased of course. If it's not American it's crap. That's the way they are. Get a load of their politics, which speak volumes of the American
intelligence. A gong show, which is getting scarier by the day.

Gee, it's sad that one of the most iconic proposals in Toronto has come down to yapping about the above political bullshit

That's what happens when there's no news on a much anticipated project. Having said that this thread will be in the top 10 UT threads by traffic some day soon!

The Site Plan Approval drawings were recently submitted to the City. I've got a copy and can post a few things in a bit.

Awesome! And welcome to UT. Keep these good posts up, as you probably have the highest "like" to post ratio (8:1 so far!) It also goes to show the anticipation UTers have for M+G to proceed.

Back