The Teeple design was interesting and different. But this podium looks promising. Looks like it would fit in well with the historic warehouses.

I must admit I like the initial design more. I liked that it wasn't square and had a different approach than the usual product we so often get.

Anyone know how this development and the 57 Spadina are supposed to be built? I thought there was a mandate for 25m between towers and these two sites are awfully close to each other and not that large. Maybe someone has an update?

You're right, they are extremely close... on my model the separation is only 17 metres:

yzPPfAY.png

There's an LCBO right up the street. I guess the one at King and Spadina will be moving eventually.

Currently planned, tentative (subject to any late rising construction issues) target move date of the LCBO from King & Spadina to 49 Spadina is July 10.

I was not aware of anyone saying this would be starting soon either.

Irrespective of what the thread title says, this site has been owned by Great Gulf for a while. (Mods - maybe its time for the title to be updated?). At a meeting last night, when asked about this site, the Great Gulf representatives present: 1. Confirmed Great Gulf owned the site. 2. Were not specifically aware of the LCBO planning to move in the mid-July timeframe. 3. If the LCBO actually relinquishes the site back to Great Gulf (which is not an automatic given - the LCBO could redeploy the site for other purposes, a specialty boutique for example), they were not aware of any specific plans Great Gulf would have for an interim use (e.g. a Pop-Up store), and 4. Great Gulf did not have any firm, immediate or short term plans to start construction.

The one thing that was confirmed, construction work on 401 - 415 King would not be dependent or contingent on any specific degree of completion of work the adjacent project at 57 Spadina (The Taylor), but could be done concurrently with work on the Taylor.

I was not aware of anyone saying this would be starting soon either.

Irrespective of what the thread title says, this site has been owned by Great Gulf for a while. (Mods - maybe its time for the title to be updated?). At a meeting last night, when asked about this site, the Great Gulf representatives present: 1. Confirmed Great Gulf owned the site. 2. Were not specifically aware of the LCBO planning to move in the mid-July timeframe. 3. If the LCBO actually relinquishes the site back to Great Gulf (which is not an automatic given - the LCBO could redeploy the site for other purposes, a specialty boutique for example), they were not aware of any specific plans Great Gulf would have for an interim use (e.g. a Pop-Up store), and 4. Great Gulf did not have any firm, immediate or short term plans to start construction.

The one thing that was confirmed, construction work on 401 - 415 King would not be dependent or contingent on any specific degree of completion of work the adjacent project at 57 Spadina (The Taylor), but could be done concurrently with work on the Taylor.

1 and 2 are intrinsically linked. If GG own the site (and they do), they are intimately aware of what their sole tenant is doing. There's a whole bunch of developer-bluffing in the above, but thanks for reporting @AHK.

The King & Spadina LCBO is to close on Sunday, July 7, reopening on Tuesday, July 9th in their new location at 49 Spadina. Neither location is to be open on Monday, July 8. Multiple confirmation from store staff and other parties involved in the move.

My understanding is that the LCBO will be moving out entirely, will not be re-purposing this location for any other use (e.g. pop-up store, special promotions, etc).

Back