July 30
5996090507_8db1dddba1_b.jpg

5996637602_e1f53a8d8e_b.jpg

5996104517_8263582e1d_b.jpg

5996663290_e3c27978fe_b.jpg

5996094671_2f9c62e1f3_b.jpg

[video=youtube;faVzjrQE00M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faVzjrQE00M[/video]

You do realize I can take a photo of Manhattan with the right perspective and make it look just as small right ?

T dot just looked "small" in that shot, because you see only a handful of towers really making up the skyline (ROCP, Lumiere, FS, Casa, etc...), because you can't see Uptown and Crystal since they're overlapping each other in the pic,

FS looks amazing rain or shine! that's what i love about this type of glass (Bay Adelaide-esque sorta blue glass). It looks nothing short of AMAZING!

To me, Uptown, Manulife, and Four Seasons MAKE this view what it is. People hate on Uptown too much, it CAN look good on the skyline.

T dot just looked "small" in that shot, because you see only a handful of towers really making up the skyline (ROCP, Lumiere, FS, Casa, etc...), because you can't see Uptown and Crystal since they're overlapping each other in the pic,

FS looks amazing rain or shine! that's what i love about this type of glass (Bay Adelaide-esque sorta blue glass). It looks nothing short of AMAZING!

To me, Uptown, Manulife, and Four Seasons MAKE this view what it is. People hate on Uptown too much, it CAN look good on the skyline.

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all :)

Anything can be made to get small so I was saying it was a rather silly point - from particular angles, no matter how much construction goes on things can look small.

I mentioned Manhattan for a reason, I remember this one particular shot, that made it look really really small, I think it was from far enough away and from an angle that many buildings were blocked out and/or melded into the foreground.

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all :)

Anything can be made to get small so I was saying it was a rather silly point - from particular angles, no matter how much construction goes on things can look small.

I mentioned Manhattan for a reason, I remember this one particular shot, that made it look really really small, I think it was from far enough away and from an angle that many buildings were blocked out and/or melded into the foreground.

LOL! i think we're misunderstanding eachother, i don't literally mean "small", i just mean that the skyline looks like it's made of a few buildings, not size wise :p

This is turning out to be quite a lovely--if somewhat reserved--building. Very relieved that a full set of fins are going up. Does anyone know if the logo is also going up? (Sorry if that question's already been answered upthread--I'm just feeling super lazy right now...)

This is turning out to be quite a lovely--if somewhat reserved--building. Very relieved that a full set of fins are going up. Does anyone know if the logo is also going up? (Sorry if that question's already been answered upthread--I'm just feeling super lazy right now...)

nope. no logo.
of the 4 major new five star hotel brands, all 4 were proposed with logos, and 2 were scrapped, and we still don't know for certain if Shangri-la will keep the logos (the Ritz scrapped it at the last minute... it was on no one's radar)

nope. no logo.
of the 4 major new five star hotel brands, all 4 were proposed with logos, and 2 were scrapped, and we still don't know for certain if Shangri-la will keep the logos (the Ritz scrapped it at the last minute... it was on no one's radar)

Are you sure on that steveve
Website shows clearly that it will have a logo...and have not heard anything on any cancelation of the logo.:confused:
http://www.lifetimedevelopments.com/lifetime.html

Are you sure on that steveve
Website shows clearly that it will have a logo...and have not heard anything on any cancelation of the logo.:confused:
http://www.lifetimedevelopments.com/lifetime.html

So far as i can remember.... The latest render released was the one without the logos and with the scrapped (or shortened?) fins....
though things always change with construction :)

and i tend to stay away from official websites of shangri-la, ritz, etc... they aren't very helpful/reliable, especially compared to sites like UrbanToronto... and yes, I am a bit of a UT suckup.:p

So far as i can remember.... The latest render released was the one without the logos and with the scrapped (or shortened?) fins....
though things always change with construction :)

and i tend to stay away from official websites of shangri-la, ritz, etc... they aren't very helpful/reliable, especially compared to sites like UrbanToronto... and yes, I am a bit of a UT suckup.:p

Wouldn't the best render to go by be the one on the hoarding at the construction site? If so, it clearly shows the fins and logo still.

Wouldn't the best render to go by be the one on the hoarding at the construction site? If so, it clearly shows the fins and logo still.

The render on the hoarding has been in place since before construction started I believe, sometime in (late) 2008, so its probably not the best to go by.

The render on the hoarding has been in place since before construction started I believe, sometime in (late) 2008, so its probably not the best to go by.

Still, I would think they would change it accordingly or be accused of false advertisement.

*Drools* @ AndroidUK's photo. Wow. Modern-Gotham!

To all those poops who said "You made your render too tall" when I did this render last year...

...I say...

Pfffffftttt :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Back