ok obviously you just don't understand the money behind this project.. let me remind you..

Here is the money behind the project:
Bill Gates - Through Cascade Investments
Did you know that the existing Four Seasons hotel was sold for over 100 Million dollars?
Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal - Through Kingdom Holdings
Menkes - One of the largest developers of Real Estate in the country
Did I mention this building is almost sold out?
Isadore Sharp - Founder and one of the richest people in the country
Did I mention the foundations have already been constructed?
etc, etc, etc...
I thought Bill Gates and that Prince bought the current Four Seasons. I didn't know that they had anything to do with the new one going up.

The Four Seasons that Bill Gates and other investors own is just the owning of the franchise which manages the hotels and lends its name. Each Four Seasons Hotel around the world is owned by others who pay fees to the franchise for the use of the name and the management skills the Four Seasons franchise offers.

Bill Gates most likely doesn't have a nickel in the New Four seasons Toronto.

I quite sure I am right about Harvard's investment arm having invested in the Toronto project.

If I am wrong prove it to me and I will accept it.

The Four Seasons that Bill Gates and other investors own is just the owning of the franchise which manages the hotels and lends its name. Each Four Seasons Hotel around the world is owned by others who pay fees to the franchise for the use of the name and the management skills the Four Seasons franchise offers.

Bill Gates most likely doesn't have a nickel in the New Four seasons Toronto.

I quite sure I am right about Harvard's investment arm having invested in the Toronto project.

If I am wrong prove it to me and I will accept it.

Even if Bill Gates and the Prince have zero interest in this project, you still have to deal with the other points I made as to why this project wont get completed on schedule..

And obviously if only in management and franchising fees, there is still an interest in the hotel component of this project by both Cascade and Kingdom holding units..

I thought Bill Gates and that Prince bought the current Four Seasons. I didn't know that they had anything to do with the new one going up.

Like phil just stated above, they own the franchise, nothing goes down in a Four Seasons hotel without the go ahead of Bill Gates and Al-Waleed

I was talking to one of the construction Forman and he said all the cranes are going to replaced at some point.

The crane I said was removed, the Forman told me, is being replaced in May or June of next year. The one that is standing outside the main tower will be replaced with one perched on the tower. I said I had never heard of cranes being moved around like that or replaced. He said that he hadn't either.

Perhaps the cranes were originally placed as they were because of the size of the project and their reach. Now that the under-structure is finished the project will end up with just two cranes, more concentrated on the two towers.

I said I had never heard of cranes being moved around like that or replaced. He said that he hadn't either.

Unusual statement for a construction guy to make....they move cranes around all the time..also, many times cranes have some mechanical problem, and are replaced....

The crane at Chicago in Mississauga was originally on the side of the building, then one day it was removed and replaced with one anchored in the core of the building...

One crane left

This site is now down to one crane as #4 was been removed today.

The last remaining crane can handle everything under construction. It will be use for the 2 smaller buildings.

As for when the big boy starts been built, that a good question as there is no work started on it at this time.

Need a few more deep pockets to buy here for the next phase starts.

Film and photo's at 11:00

What? Construction would never have started on this site had not enough units been sold.

The last remaining crane can handle everything under construction. It will be use for the 2 smaller buildings.

As for when the big boy starts been built, that a good question as there is no work started on it at this time.

Drum I'm confused. Perhaps my bearings are off but I was by there early last week and it looked like they are at about the 4th floor of the west building. No?

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion as there are only two buildings in total - one 55s tower and one 25s tower. Any other 'buildings' are part of those towers.

Drum I'm confused. Perhaps my bearings are off but I was by there early last week and it looked like they are at about the 4th floor of the west building. No?

Don't worry, drum is the one who has erred (and who hasn't at one point or another). The taller, west tower is three or four stories above grade.

I was in error as I was looking at it 90 degree wrong.

The new crane was going up today and it blue.

Photo's to follow

Back