Incredible shot from a friend:

Zn3c1tM6.jpg

Technical resubmission here. No stat changes.
From the HPA letter:
I am writing to provide a rationale for the removal of vertical fin details on Block 2 of the development at 1245 Dupont Street.

The original design for the project included a stamped metal vertical fin detail on the façade. Upon thorough investigation of the fabrication required, we were unable to locate a supplier that could produce and certify it at the scale required for the building.

In light of these challenges, we have made the decision to eliminate the vertical fin elements from the design. We firmly believe that maintaining the design integrity of the building is of paramount importance, and rather than compromising on the quality of the detailing, we have chosen to make this modification.
😞

^^ Qu'est-ce que c'est… cette aileron vertical?

Hope they aren't talking about the beautiful horizontal crown treatment... are they? Are they eliminating the faux wrought iron balcony guards?? 🙁

43187-127280.jpg

UT
I can't find the drawings at the moment, but I don't think it's either of those. They had proposed these perforated metal panels up and down the building in strips, IIRC. It was just a cool/unique detail that I was looking forward to seeing. I think most of the original design remains intact otherwise.

Back